I'd say I'm motivated by the potential to more fully understand a lot of Stuff - from math problems to what makes people tick - mostly because I think deeper understanding places me on a path toward more perfect intentionality and compassion. Two important things I think.
I read this on a t-shirt during a race I was running in: "education: fuel for the marathon of life." I liked that.
A friend once described me like this: "whip-smart, a knack for comedic timing, and a straight hustler." I'll take it.
I don't like it when people ask me "did that resonate with you?" I think I'm just getting tired of the word resonate.
I think I've identified a few important pieces to what I need out of a partner:
1. Someone who believes a life is better shared
2. Someone who is intellectually curious (reason best explained here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhhC_N6Bm_s)
3. Someone who can stand on their own two feet (is this idiom correctly used?)
4. Someone who can be vulnerable in front of others
5. Joy and humor. Regularly.