I'm a 25 year old gay musicology student from eastern-Belgium.
Musicology is basicly the theoretical study of classical music and all the things that could aid in its context.
I'm extremely passionate about classical music. So I'm quite frustrated that its knowledge is lost to so many people.
I'm also in a relationship with RedPjotr ( on OkCupid ). I just love the guy!
I come across as extremely laidback. Which I sometimes may be but most of the times it is pure chaos inside of my mind.
I'm also somewhat interested in politics and I have an interest in liberal thinking ( sometimes to the marxistic end ). Yet I admit that I do not know all the knowledge that is required sometimes for a good discussion, so I am very open for extra information.
I also play piano ( for 6 years ) in a musical school ( I suck .. the pun is not intended :P ), but I have been improvising on it for much longer ( improvising goes well ). I also sing ( when nobody looks ).
I watch a lot of movies and series. And sometimes I play some games: pc-games as wel as tabletop games with friends: For example every week I had a game session of Dungeons & Dragons with friends ( people who know the game .. I was halfling bard, also in the next group a half-elf necromancer )
I like honesty with the friendlyness at the right time
I dislike fashion, to much materialism, non tolerance ( probably so much more :p ).
For the time i am looking for just friends. But a friend in my book can be something vage/obscure: my relationship with my boyfriend has somewhat opened up for a boarderless life of experiences that or may not occur.
( sorry for my messed up english and typing at times .. ^_^ )
What I know for sure is that I am good at knowing a lot of history about classical music and more specific about the french baroque period.
I improvise on the piano for 7 years now. I sing ( opera - style ). I draw and paint. I have the ability to not judge people. I might be tolerant and openminded.
If I am really good at these things, that is for other people to decide, no ? ^_^
- My curly hair.
- My shy first steps to first contact
- My big nose
I might disappoint a lot of people but I have only read like 5 books in my whole life done by my own will ( so no books included that I had to read for school ). And most of those books were crappy ! The best ones were about female prostitutes. I had a thing for female prostitutes in the time: Because I thought they were the only ones that had more power over men than their money.
Movies ( excuse me for the long list ) .. i also just watch a lot of superhero movies even if they might be bad :P
Memoirs of a geisha, Moll Flanders, Weekend, The Rules of Attraction, Happiness, Welcome to the Dollhouse, God bless America, World's Greatest Dad, Detachment, Sound of Noise, A.I., The Help, Alpha Dog, The Batman movie's ( by Christopher Nolan ), Easy A, Was nützt die Liebe in Gedanken, " Good bye, Lenin ", Into the Wild, Superbad, Super, Kickass, Hot Coffee ( documentary ), documentaries by Michael Moore, the x-men movies, Scott Pilgrim vs. the world, Casanova, Strapped, Shortbus, Le Parfum, Marie Antoinette, Interview with the Vampire, Black, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Martian, Ant Man
- Anime: Berserk ( original ), Monster, Fairy Tail ( original ), Ouran High School Host Club, Naruto ( also Shippuden ), One Piece, Arslan Senki, Hunter x Hunter ( 2011 ), No. 6, (...)
- Animated Serie: Daria, Futurama, Archer, Chozen, Moonbeam City, The Simpsons ( untill it gets bad )
- Series: Game of Thrones, " 'Allo 'Allo ! ", Black Mirror, Being Human, Sherlock, Miranda, Threesome, The Peep Show, Hung, Keeping Up Appearances, Parks and Recreations, The Walking Dead, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Looking, Sens8, Orange is the New Black, Kingdom, Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Ink Master, Six Feet Under, London Spy, How to Get Away Murder?, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, (...)
Music ( hmmm this will be quite the list :p, sorry )
- Non-classical music : The Field, Gold Panda, Baths, Loops of your heart, Braids, Blackbird Blackbird, Toro y moi, Akufen, Geotic, Four tet, Pogo ... really mostly I only listen The FIeld if it is non-classical music. Recently I have tried to open my taste for music more, so I welcome almost all suggestions.
- Classical Music :
- Medieval ( 600 - 1400 ): Guillaume de Machaut
- Renaissance ( 1400-1600 ): Claudio Monteverdi, Carlo Gesualdo, Claude le Jeune
- Baroque ( 1600 - 1720/1750 ) : Claudio Monteverdi, Domenico Scarlatti, George Friedrich Haendel, Francesco Cavalli
- French baroque ( 1600 - 1765 ) : Michel Lambert, André Destouches, Joseph Nicolas Pancrace Royer, Henry Desmarest, François Couperin, André Campra, Jean-Marie Leclair, Joseph Bodin de Boismortier, Jean-Joseph Cassanéa de Mondonville, Marin Marais, Jean-Baptiste Lully, Marc-Antoine Charpentier, Michel Pignolet de Montéclair, François Françoeur, François Rebel, Jean-Féry Rebel, Jean-Joseph Mouret, Jean-Phillippe Rameau, Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Antoine Dauvergne, Pierre Guedron, Antoine Boesset ( probably more ... :p )
- Classical periode ( 1720/1760 - 1800/1810 ) : Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Antoine Dauvergne, Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, Carlos de Seixas, Padre Antonio Soler, André Ernest Modeste Grétry
- Romantic period ( 1800/1810 - 1900 ) : Charles-Simon Catel, Richard Wagner, Johannes Brahms, Hans Rott, Anton Bruckner, Jules Massenet, César Franck, Gustav Mahler, Claude Debussy
- 20th century : Gustav Mahler, Alexander Scriabin, Kurt Weill, Olivier Messiaen, Alban Berg, Anton Webern, Arnold Schoenberg, Edgar Varèse, Dmitri Shostakovich, George Gershwin, Claude Debussy
To be short on this one. I like the Rococo style. And almost everything that was happening around 1900: Symbolism ( Khnopff and Delville ) to "Impressionism" ( Degas ), to art nouveau/jugendstil ( Klimt ), to art déco ( De Lempicka ), to (...)
- Chinese cuisine, Belgian fried foods .. to be honest, i havent tried a lot of different cuisines. I'm hoping that will change one day.
Games ( pc/laptop ) + I like tabletop gaming!
- Mostly strategy games and MMORPG's : Age of Empires II and III, Rise of Nations, Warcraft III, Age of Mythology, World of Warcraft, Skyrim, Hearthstone, Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Smite, Darkest Dungeon, Fallout 1, Fallout 4, Smite ( Moba ). I watch a lot of let's plays on youtube of games with a good storyline.
- Classical music offcourse
- My friends ( few as they may be ) and parts of my family ( like my brother and my mom )
- My hearing
- My sight
- My right to protest and vote
But because everything is so damn wrong with society I feel frustrated most of the time. It is as if more and more people think of there own luck, wealth, and leave humanity behind thinking about that. ( if that makes sense ? ).
I hate the vanity that I see, and so called honesty. So many things which are done today actually don't matter, but are spend quite a lot of time into: like fashion. A constance of materialisme I see. It hasn't made me happy.
I think a lot about the E.U. That is in fact nonexistent: It is just some countries at the moment who still want what is best for there own. .. let me make this clear I'm pro-Europe, but not in its self centered, neo-liberal, current form ^_^. Is it really Europe now ?
I think about the republican, separatist political party in Flanders winning the elections, and then I think why so many people think in such a way ( like almost 40 prcnt of the voters in Flanders ).
Quite depressing to have so much individualistic thinking around me.
ahh well .. let's hope for a social revolution of some kind soon ( in my lifetime, plz thank you ! ^_^ )
Short answer .. I think to much/overthink
I have not the most exciting life.
This is because I haven't got a lot of friends. The ones I have rock though!
I may be a bit picky and I may be shy. Not a good combo to make friends.
Also I don't go out that much. So basicly a Fridaynight is thesame as every other night. But actually that is ok.
Now everyone clicks away :( .. plz don't :3 !