1. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present
2. What others think of you is none of your business
3. Time heals almost everything, give it time
4. Don't compare your life to others and don't judge them. You have no idea what their journey is all about
5. Stop thinking too much, it's all right not to know all the answers. They will come to you when you least expect it
6. No one is in charge of your happiness except you
7. Smile, you don't own all the problems in the world
"Tell me something about yourself," he said as he leaned closer with his gaze fixed upon me. The room suddenly grew quiet and my thoughts grew loud. I flashed a quick smile and rubbed my right arm with my left hand, stalling for precious seconds to organize my thoughts as he eagerly awaited my response. My heart raced relentlessly as a bead of sweat started forming from the crown of my head; its not like I haven't been in this situation before.
"Well, where to start? I have an affection for all things beautiful: people, language, culture, art, spirituality, travel and nature. I enjoy the finer things of life, even as it appears in its simplest form. I am passionate about sharing -- whether it be time, space, money, food or experiences. I believe the world was created for two, and I seek someone whom I can discover and share it with, be it temporarily or forever. I see life as an adventure. What better to have someone to embark on that journey with? Simply put, I'm your classic gentleman.
My spirit animal is a Lion. He is fearless, courageous and resourceful. As one whom loves to give, he is generous with his ideas, enthusiasm, loyalty and spontaneity to the proper mate. He's got the hunter's focus; nothing can stop him once he's set his mind on something. His stride is big, unblinking with eyes forward. There is an unmistakable regal air to him, with pride and passion on each side. He speaks with purpose and authority, naturally rallying and leading others. He knows how to be on top of any situation."