How about a slew of random stuff instead?
- I had a job with BBC Nature that required me to hand-feed wild black bears. Very fucking scary, but very awesome too.
- I can say the alphabet backwards faster than I can say it forwards.
- The mayor of Fürth Germany made me an "honorary citizen" (but who the hell knows what that does for me practically).
- Survived swine flu AND avian flu... good immunity?
- Drank cobra venom (not the wisest choice, it made my head feel like a beach ball).
- Went swimming in the coldest waters in the world in Antarctica! Best adventure I've ever been on, planning a trip back ASAP.
What I’m doing with my life
Directed my first movie (film-shmilm, we shot digital) this past February! It's about killer crabs and a kid in a wheelchair who has to stop them (while finding a date for prom). No joke. It's called CRABS!. Currently working on VFX, score, etc. I'm shamelessly plugging it everywhere. Please go see it when it comes out!
I’m really good at
Driving. I road trip between NY and CA (and back) at least once a year.
The first things people usually notice about me
That I look like Topher Grace and/or Frodo and/or Spiderman... or my stupid long eyelashes (I hate them, they get stuck together if I blink too deep).
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Book: The Terror by Dan Simmons, The Power of the Dog/The Cartel by Don Winslow.
Movies: Children of Men, Hanna, The Fall, There Will be Blood, Hateful Eight, The Lost Boys, Gremlins, Trick r' Treat, Aladdin, Jurassic Park/World, ET, Sky High, Stardust, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Kangaroo Jack, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (the music is freaking amazing), and Rescuers Down Under and Fivel Goes West.
TV Shows: Rick and Morty, It's Always Sunny, Review, You're the Worst, and that show everyone likes with the blond dragon girl
Music: Yeasayer, Panic at the Disco, Foxes, Ke$ha (lyrical genius of our generation)
Food: I've eaten some weird shit... my philosophy is try everything, and then ask what it was afterwards. I have stories.
The six things I could never do without
- stuff (food/water/health/family...)
- my car (Honda Fit! I've had two, the first one saved my life)
- a pillow
- whatever book I'm reading
- jacket/sweatshirt (I get cold easily)
- life ("It's literally all we have, but is it any good?")
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Both sides of the argument before forming my own opinion.
On a typical Friday night I am
At a concert if I was organized enough to get tickets during the week. I haven't seen anything recently though, too much work.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I'm terrified that my pinky toe is going to snap off... I'm not joking, one day I'm going to catch it on an end table or something and SNAP! That's my baggage.
You should message me if
You want to grab coffee/drinks/dinner sometime?