With that, I'll post some ramblings.
Find better matches with our advanced
45 • M • Renton, WA
I’m looking for
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 25–40
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last Online
- Today – 4:52am
- 5′ 10″ (1.78m)
- Body Type
- Relationship Status
- Relationship Type
- Has dogs
With that, I'll post some ramblings.
- Unless you're new on here, if your profile is empty or populated with very short answers/statements, I'll assume that is indicative of the depth of your personality, and you're wishing to be judged solely on looks. Good luck in your quest.
- I'm not "on Facebook." I do kinda-sorta follow the NSPP through a friend's account, though. Apparently, some friends made a page on Facebook about me to the same idea of the book "Shit My Dad Says."
- The greatest compliment I've received in recent memory (aside from "You have a great butt") is "I love spending time with you. You always make me think about things in new and interesting ways." And that I will. Unless you're absolutely exactly like me, which would be awkward, not least because you'd have one of those penis things.
- The more I learn, it seems, the more I learn I don't know. I am an avid reader of The Economist, and use it as my primary source of news. If you're not familiar, its content may surprise you! They recently did a full page obituary on a porn star.
- I wear a seat belt, but not because it's the law. I don't wear a bike helmet, also not because it's the law.
- I am passionate about many of the simpler things in life. For instance, watching me drink a pint of chocolate milk (whole milk and Nesquik), there's a good chance you'll laugh yourself silly. Best... beverage... ever.
- To continue the above note, I'm planning a blanket-fort party, complete with a giant, multi-level blanket fort to hold 20+ people, hourly pizza deliveries, and a "chandelier" made of flashlights.
- It's been noticed that I have a hard time walking past a pinball or Skeeball machine without stopping and checking my pockets for quarters.
- My formal education was in Electrical Engineering, and I'm still in the field... mostly. Think video walls and videoteleconferencing suites. But there are days I think I'd rather be driving trains around the country.
- I am pack leader to my weight in Bernese Mountain Dogs, my first purebreds and one my first puppy (the other I got used). They are a big, wonderful commitment, so I hope you enjoy the company of canines.
- I spent over eight years traveling 250-300 days a year for work, and in total have spent over 3,000 nights in hotel rooms. I miss it.
- I have a dedicated theater in my house (it's not, however, connected to the outside world). About a year ago, I started asking people I work and socialize with for two movies they think I should buy that I haven't seen before. It has been a very interesting experiment! Dozens of films of every conceivable genre I never would have given a second thought I have thoroughly enjoyed. A couple... well...
- My youngest good friend is 24, and not the least mature of them; the oldest is 79 and not the most.
- While I don't have a "type" of woman I'm only interested in, I must say I do have a weakness for widow's peaks and girls in hats.
- My downstairs bathroom is called the Restroom of Randomness. You'll be amused or offended.
- I'm a clean smoker. I have thoughts of quitting and have the new pill, but if you're one of The Intolerants, click the Back button now. My teeth are clean and straight, my lungs and arteries are clear and my Arterial Age is 34. Most people I meet don't know I smoke until they see me do it.
- As of my last move, I have 1,400 pounds of books I've read, plus about 30 pounds I've yet to.
- Team sports don't interest me, really. Growing up in one sport's Mecca, and the idea of faithfully rooting for people I've never met and are not faithful to their team or city (therefore their fans), doesn't intrigue me. Can someone explain this to me?
- Like it or not, it is impossible to commit to an emotion. No more can you promise to love someone forever (as any divorced person can attest) than you can insist you'll wake up Saturday envious, or be scared continuously for a month.
- The term douchebag is long overdue for an update. Douches haven't been sold in bags since the 50's. Call 'em a Douchebottle!
- If it's important to you, you will find a way. If it's not, you'll find an excuse.
"Actions beget priorities." - Ghandi
- A boy actively uses his girlfriend to make other boys jealous of him. A man makes other women jealous of her without trying.
- Don't raise your voice. Improve your argument.
- Adverts in Britain say to buy roses from Holland, as the environmental thing to do. The fact is, though, that roses air freighted daily from Africa have a lower carbon footprint*. The point: there is more to everything than anyone thinks.
*The greenhouses in Holland are heated, more than offsetting the advantage of nearness.
- "There are people who believe that he who dies with the most toys wins. Well you're dead, fucknut, so... you didn't win." - Lewis Black
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.