What I want is simply to find a best friend who enjoys spending time together. Once we've established that we can figure it out from there.
About me. Ready list – GO!
I am –
- a bit of a nerd
- often sarcastic
- a dad
- an animal lover, although I have no pets
- funny (at least my mom tells me I am)
- retired (National Guard only – I still have a day job)
- charming (at least I try)
- an over user of parentheses
- a sometimes traveler
- a bit of a potty mouth
I am NOT –
- artistic, no matter how many times I’ve tried to be
- fond of drama
- a player
- a smoker
- a liar
- a hunter (what the fuck is Duck Dynasty?)
I work in IT Security within the healthcare industry. As mentioned earlier I spent almost 28 years in the National Guard and have recently retired. I have been to Iraq. It was not fun. Being in the military does not automatically make me a right wing douche nozzle, although I met quite a few.
I like most movies and enjoy going out to the movie theater or staying in and renting movies. Favorites include The Usual Suspects, Shawshank Redemption, Apocalypse Now, Resident Evil series, Boondock Saints, The Big Hit, Taken, Band of Brothers, Shrek, Shaun of the Dead.
Netflix and Amazon Prime have ruined regular television and having to wait a whole week for the next episode. Breaking Bad, True Blood, The Walking Dead, The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones. I also see way too much Nickelodeon and Disney.
I enjoy music, but I'm not a huge audiophile. I can listen to most types of music, although I don't really understand or "get" rap and hip hop. What can I say, I'm a 40 something white guy from the suburbs. Jumping in my "wayback" machine, I actually did enjoy going to small clubs and listening to live music. Maybe you know of a good venue you can share with me?
I enjoy most food and am not a picky eater. I am stereotypical man though - steak, pizza, (good) beer and I'll be set. I do enjoy dining out and trying new places.
1. I live in Farmington - yes it is very far south. Apparently to many of you city girls I might as well live in Iowa.
2. I have younger kids, which means that half the week is pretty much off limits for dating without finding childcare, etc. Thus I can not be as spontaneous as I would love to be.
I'm hoping I can find someone who can live within those limitations, or is as busy as I am. Is that you?