I'm pretty shy and quiet, but I tend to open up rather quickly. Even then, I can still be a very quiet person, unless I find an interesting topic to talk about.
I've been going to the gym to drop some weight. I've lost about 80 pounds now, and still working on the rest. It's a long process that can often get frustrating, but it's something I need to do for myself.
I have a very sarcastic sense of humor and get along best with those who do as well. That being said, I don't know that I necessarily have a "type." I'm attracted to someone's personality more than anything else, but I tend to relate better to other geeky/nerdy people. I'm not opposed to talking to/meeting people completely different from me and learning new things. You never know, right?
Some random fun facts about me that might inspire conversation:
1. My sarcasm mode is always on. Not only is the switch broken, I believe it fell off and was left in the dust sometime in my preteen years.
2. I am a grammar Nazi, but not the type who feels compelled to correct strangers. Once I know someone won't be offended, all bets are off and the teasing begins. My friends have taken to intentionally butchering the English language just to irk me.
3. I can watch people -- nameless people, mind you, not necessarily main characters -- get slaughtered in movies or TV left and right without batting an eyelash, but if an animal gets so much as a scratch, I'm probably going to cry.
4. As a gamer, I think the whole "console war" thing is ridiculous. We all enjoy playing games, what platform we do so on should be irrelevant.
This section is rather long, but I'd like to add one last thing. I'm on the site looking for a serious relationship. I'm not interested in hook-ups or FWBs. If that's your intent, please look elsewhere.
Movies - Some of my favorites are The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Harry Potter series, Braveheart, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Star Wars (all of them, simply because I view it as an overall story -- but, yes, the prequels were . . . lacking), Indiana Jones series, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Ted, The Princess Bride, the various X-Men and Avengers movies. This list could get pretty long, so I'll stop there.
Music - I have very eclectic tastes when it comes to music. I like everything from Classical to metal, and everything in between. Except Country. I've never really been a fan of Country. Some of the bands I listen to more often are 30 Seconds to Mars, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, and Evanescence. I tend to listen to a lot of instrumental stuff, too, especially when I'm writing.
Shows - I don't really watch much TV anymore, except for Netflix, but there are quite a few shows that I like. Doctor Who, Sherlock, Family Guy, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, Archer, South Park, Futurama, Metalocalypse, Venture Brothers, Stargate(s), Star Trek(s), Firefly, Farscape, House, Bones, The Walking Dead. There are others, but I think those are sufficient examples.
Food - I love Chinese. Also Italian. Not really a big fan of seafood or anything spicy.
Video Games - Since I'm a geek, I'll include this category. I play mostly RPGs. Some of my favorite series are Dragon Age, Mass Effect (although I'm still in a love/hate relationship with ME3), Assassin's Creed, and The Witcher. I like games with compelling stories, but I'll play stuff like Mario or Mortal Kombat from time to time. I also play SWTOR on and off.
3. Sense of humor (That includes sarcasm.)
4. Creative inspiration (Although my muses sometimes like to point and laugh at me.)
5. Computer (All my stories and ideas are stored there.)
6. Stories (Whether that be through books, movies, video games, or anything else.)