I'm a bay area native with a positive, driven, accountable outlook on life. I'm pursuing a second career in healthcare so I'm back in college as a student... here's the twist.. I'm also a college instructor and I work in the ER.
My hobbies include going to the gym/Crossfit, social/partner dancing (Blues mostly), motorcycle riding, experiencing culture (restaurants, art galleries, live shows, etc...), and socializing with friends.
I live a life of accountability and integrity. If this sort of mindset resonates with you, then we're off to a great start.
I'm in no hurry to rush into anything but I'm clear about wanting to be married and have children. I'm looking for a partner who is equally clear. I'm big on courting & romance but I am done with "just dating."
Traveling: In 2010 I spent 30+ days backpacking through southern Europe. These days I get my travel fix by combining it with motorcycling. I ride solo through the Baja dirt & sand every year for 5-7 days. (see pics)
Fitness Activity: I run 1 or 2 half marathon's a year and I've even done a triathlon. I primarily do Olympic lifting at the gym. While I do like to get out, I can be content to involve myself with relaxing around the home. I consider myself pretty well-balanced in that sense.
Food/Drink: I belong to a winery! I love to eat healthy, although someone once described me as "a fat kid in a skinny kid body". I LOVE pastries. At home or out on the town, I usually make food choices that are a good balance.
Character: A quick poll of friends has defined me as: "Hilarious, outgoing, smart, honest, funny, life-of-the-party, integrous, caring, compassionate, patient, honorable, sensual, thought-provoking, articulate, engaging, interesting, bold, and charming." I felt quite humbled when they were talking about me, but nobody mentioned that word.. hmm. ;-)
I'm a fan of the Oxford comma.
I read the news daily.
I don't own a TV.
Music is an important part or my life.
I can be a big dork sometimes.
Politically speaking, I’m a passionate Moderate.
I'm a serious handy-man type. I can fix damn near anything. (computers, sinks, cars, fences, etc..)
Traits I'm drawn to:
* Has a positive view of themselves and life.
* Is mature mixed with playful.
* Is a team player.
* Lives life fully.
* Enjoys partner dancing! (or is interested in it.)
* Positive outlook.
* Likes to explore (places, food, etc..)
* Likes Motorcycles. (or at least doesn't HATE them.)
* Has opinions but not prejudices.
* Someone who understands one of the keys to a good relationship is 100% accountability on both sides.
* Has a healthy sex drive (If you can't handle that I've listed this -or- if you're "reading into it" too much. We probably aren't a match.)
* Understands and supports my career change.
* Is always learning new things, and actively does such.
* Is -not- religious.
* Has a positive self-image
* Is open-minded
* Is physically fit and enjoys healthy eating... and, like me, plans to stay that way.
* Has a good balance between extroverted and introverted.
* Matches with me on a mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical level.
* Enjoys flirting with me.