I'm a bay area native with a positive, driven, accountable outlook on life. I'm pursuing a second career in healthcare so I'm back in college as a student... here's the twist.. I'm also a college instructor and I work in the ER.
My hobbies include going to the gym/Crossfit, social/partner dancing (Blues mostly), motorcycle riding, experiencing culture (restaurants, art galleries, live shows, etc...), and socializing with friends.
I live a life of accountability and integrity. If this sort of mindset resonates with you, then we're off to a great start.
I don't want/need to rush into anything but I'm clear about wanting to be married and have children. So I'm not putting effort into anything that doesn't lead to that goal. I'm looking for a partner who is equally clear. I'm big on courting & romance but I am done with "just dating."
Traveling: In 2010 I spent 30+ days backpacking through southern Europe. These days I get my travel fix by combining it with motorcycling. I ride solo through the Baja dirt & sand every year for 5-7 days. (see pics)
Fitness Activity: I run 1 or 2 half marathon's a year and I've even done a triathlon. I primarily do Olympic lifting at the gym. While I do like to get out, I can be content to involve myself with relaxing around the home. I consider myself pretty well-balanced in that sense.
Food/Drink: I belong to a winery! I love to eat healthy, although someone once described me as "a fat kid in a skinny kid body". I LOVE pastries. At home or out on the town, I usually make food choices that are a good balance.
Character: A quick poll of friends has defined me as: "Hilarious, outgoing, smart, honest, funny, life-of-the-party, integrous, caring, compassionate, patient, honorable, sensual, thought-provoking, articulate, engaging, interesting, bold, and charming." I felt quite humbled when they were talking about me, but nobody mentioned that word.. hmm. ;-)
I'm a fan of the Oxford comma.
I read the news daily.
Music is an important part or my life.
I can be a big dork sometimes.
Politically speaking, I’m a passionate Moderate.
I'm a serious handy-man type. I can fix damn near anything. (computers, sinks, cars, fences, etc..)
Traits I'm drawn to:
* Has a positive view of themselves and life.
* Is mature mixed with playful.
* Is a team player.
* Lives life fully.
* Enjoys partner dancing! (or is interested in it.)
* Positive outlook.
* Likes to explore (places, food, etc..)
* Likes Motorcycles. (or at least doesn't HATE them.)
* Has opinions but not prejudices.
* Someone who understands one of the keys to a good relationship is 100% accountability on both sides.
* Has a healthy sex drive (If you can't handle that I've listed this -or- if you're "reading into it" too much. We probably aren't a match.)
* Understands and supports my career change.
* Is always learning new things, and actively does such.
* Is -not- religious.
* Has a positive self-image
* Is open-minded
* Is physically fit and enjoys healthy eating... and, like me, plans to stay that way.
* Has a good balance between extroverted and introverted.
* Matches with me on a mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical level.
* Enjoys flirting with me.