I want to meet new people and make new friends, not spend an endless time playing message tag.
I am always devouring media. Music, books, art and journalism are an almost obsession for me. I read, listen, watch and learn all the time.
Travel is a passion. I have been to more countries than states, and I want to see and eat everything the world has to offer. I am far happier in a hostel than a 5 star hotel, drinking with newly made friends at 2 in the morning.
I used to be a chef and I believe in cooking from scratch. I may not harvest the wheat, but I definitely do grind the flour and I most assuredly bake the bread.
Watching: TED Talks, Serenity, Children of Men, The Fountain, Primer, Inception, The Maltese Falcon, The Prestige, We Live In Public, Helvetica, The King of Kong, No Reservations
Listening: Everything. Special mention for blues, bluegrass, post-rock, and whatever is on my Songza and Daytrotter
Eating: My ethos, try everything at least 3 times. I am in love with: Xiao Long Bao, Homemade Mac and Cheese Casserole, Pizza from Scratch, Ginger Scallion Noodles with Pork Belly, Beef Brisket Barbecue, Spicy Salmon Sushi Handrolls.
Especially in light of recent government legislation (SOPA, PIPA, CISPA, PATRIOT Act Renewals), the battle between privacy and security seems to be one that privacy is losing, and how we stop the slide and educate people to effectively make the choices necessary to reassert privacy rights is of constant fascination to me.
We are polyamorous and we both see other people as we wish (occasionally the same people but that type of chemistry is rare).
- You think going to a market, choosing ingredients on the spot and then taking them home to make an amazing meal is time well spent.
- You can spend hours talking about something you love. Passion matters more than subject matters.
- You are intelligent, energetic, and mostly positive. We all have bad days but most of yours are good.
- You're confident and secure in your accomplishments, but humble about it.
- You're satisfied with your life enough to be happy overall but driven enough to continually improve