Find better matches with our advanced
32 • Portland, OR • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 23–50
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Yesterday – 8:18am
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body Type
- Strictly anything
- Atheism, and laughing about it
- Libra, but it doesn’t matter
- Working on university
- Mostly non-monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English (Fluently), C++ (Fluently), Japanese (Poorly), Spanish (Poorly)
I want to publish a video game and I have designs on a JRPG-style one.
Also, my wicked neck scars.
Books: How to Win Friends and Influence People, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, anything by Dave Barry, The Sword in the Stone, The Invisible Man, What Do You Care What Other People Think? and everything else Richard Feynman ever wrote, The Three Musketeers, The Hobbit, House of Leaves, Yotsuba&!, others I have likely forgotten to mention. I mostly prefer reading nonfiction to fiction, though.
Shows: Top Gear (UK), Mythbusters, Good Eats, Blackadder, The Venture Bros., Q.I., How It's Made, Haruhi no Suzumiya, Monster, Steins;Gate, LeLouch, Welcome to the NHK, The Adventures of Pete & Pete, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Reboot, Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego?, Lucky Star, Dirty Jobs, Father Ted, Wakfu, Kill la Kill... others I've probably missed. I've gone a good stretch of time without any TV at all (not worth the fees to me) and thus get most of my media these days from the internet, such as via PBS Idea Channel, SciShow, Crash Course (all of em), and augh so many more. YouTube complains about the size of my subscription list. And that doesn't even count podcasts... Welcome to Night Vale, Freakonomics, Good Job, Brain, Stuff You Should Know, and more.
Music: Flogging Molly, Metallica, The Beatles, Malice Mizer, symphonic and operatic pieces in general, video game pieces in general, Green Day, The Offspring, Pink Floyd, Queen, many Disney tunes, Gorillaz, Blackeyed Peas, Weird Al, Pendulum, System of a Down, Tenacious D, Cake, Cheb Mami, the music of Cirque du Soleil, Counting Crows, Enya, Franz Ferdinand, Hank Williams, Sr., Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline, Nat King Cole, Panic! At the Disco, R.E.M., Red Hot Chili Peppers, Styx, Weezer, plus many, many, many others. Only thing I don't like is country after about 1970.
Food: Everything! Except nattou.
• A computer way more powerful than I need
• A car (nothing fancy, just the freedom a car affords)
• Music (all of it except modern country; bring back the Hank Williams and Patsy Clines of the world!)
• Games, so many games
• My job -- seriously, the bizarre forces of luck which landed me my current gig are nigh unfathomable; I love what I do and that I get to do it.
I also have a hole in my spinal cord; a half-dozen neurosurgeons have no idea why.
Both these things are very well-managed.
I also have idiopathic musical hallucinations, constantly -- i.e., my secondary auditory cortex is continously firing (unless overridden by the primary cortex). This requires no management. Brains and bodies are weird!
I have a boyfriend in Pennsylvania and that's going very well in spite of the distance, so if you're interested you at least have to be okay with that.
• You want to share music or videos with me (here, I'll start: https://youtu.be/kspPE9E1yGM ); my tastes are wildly eclectic
• You like studying logic and having debates about anything to exercise your thinking
• Whether you use textspeak ironically or not (or not at all), you have decent grammar, are reasonable at spelling, and appreciate the clarity the Oxford comma brings.
• You want to know more about ankylosing spondylitis, syringomyelia, or musical hallucinations
• You are a Node.js expert and want to tutor me
• You're a fan of Nintendo even after all this time
• You're more introverted than extraverted
• You're shy and you want to message me but you don't know what to say (there, now you can cite this as your reason for messaging me -- problem solved!)
• You have something in mind you'd like to go do together
• You're the kind of person to write love letters regularly to the person you're actively seeing
• You think I'm cute and you like to flirt shamelessly and a bit aggressively (just don't open with it, warm me up to you first)
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue
meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to .
If you don’t see it, try checking
your Spam folder.