I'm cut from an odd mold and my way of viewing the world just isn't compatible with a large swath of the population. However, you're going to have a difficult time finding someone more interesting, willing to adjust his perspective when presented with real logic. I'm expressive, love to communicate (even if I can fail miserably at it from time to time), and I love to connect in every way imaginable.
I love to touch and to be touched. I believe physical contact - and the way someone navigates your body - speaks volumes about how they really feel about you and their capacity to comfort someone when words just won't do.
I really enjoy kissing. Unfortunately everyone thinks they're a good kisser despite never being told they are, so it kinda sucks when that isn't there; however, if you're not I'd still love the opportunity to grow into that.
OK, so I can be pretty intense, and I tend to be quite passionate about my interests. I spend a considerable amount of time figuring out how things work and solve some of the world's less obvious problems. In other words, I'm a mad inventor.
My path has exposed me to the entire spectrum of emotions. I try to stay relatively positive but I do have my run with with situations that stretch me beyond my limits, but I always get back up and try again. It has made me a bit cynical at times, but I balance that out with humor and novelty. That doesn’t mean I don’t stop and smell the flowers; it just means I am climbing a steep hill and it isn't always easy to smile. I'm just being honest, and it takes a really special women to undertand the bigger picture and my long term objectives. In return I promise to climb the tallest mountain.
I love to deconstruct my world. I’m often moved in ways that I simply cannot express. I think it's important to keep learning like a child, and remain open to shifting your perspective because knowledge always leads to a more accurate perception of reality. Honestly, there's nothing less difficult to respect than person who prefers not to know the truth.
Anyway, I love chatting about everything (but I don't enjoy meaningless smalltalk). I’ve got something to say about everything; however, I’m not stubborn about my opinions. I'll never argue just to argue. I’m always looking for the truth (especially if it ultimately proves me wrong). I'd like to think I'm especially direct about my issues. We all have them, but we're not all committed to peeling off the layers. I actually prefer meeting people for whom self awareness is tied to acknowledgment.
So what does that have to do with staying in bed to watch movies all day? Nothing really, but I love doing that, too. Most importantly, I love ice cream. I even have a bowl that says, “I love ice cream.” That’s how serious I am ;). (correction, the bowl is no longer in one piece and I'm not one to continue eating out of something that will make contact with a chemical adhesive. Carry on.)
I love photography. In addition to letting me permanently record a fleeting moment, it also helps me supplement my income when I'm in startup mode. I think it’s a great way to tell a story and I don't understand why everyone isn't drawn to it. I shoot everything, but I especially love candid moments. There’s something about catching someone (or something) in mid-moment. It’s real.
My dog Gadget is always by my side. He’s quite unique and may have some human genes. My friends beg me to let them baby sit. You’ll probably have a more difficult time saying bye to him.
A few footnotes:
1. I'm quite honest and sincere about what I'm looking for. For example, if you don't workout, eat well, or otherwise take care of yourself, I'm not interested. I enjoy being with healthy people, and I have my own struggles with respecting my mind and body. It's far to wonderful to be healthy and feel healthy to end up with someone who shrugs it off like homework in 2nd grade.
HOWEVER, on occasion I enjoy doing everything under the Sun - at least once - if not many more times. Just not habitually. Moderation is the goal.
2. It's dishonest to use photos that don't accurately represent who you've become. It's all about setting expectations.
3. If you feel the need to wear sunglasses at night, it's not going to work.
Update: I'm now looking for women who only wear sunglasses at night.
4. With all due respect, I'm not looking for anyone older than I am. I'm really excited about having children and that option becomes next to impossible at some point. It might come across as insensitive but I really want kids. I'm not quite at the point in my life but the option is important to me.
5. You should subscribe to the theory of evolution, unless you have data to support a better theory. Creationism and indifference won't work.
I'm sure that seems a bit particular, but think about the things you wish you knew about the last person you dated. If you can see us both having a hard time not looking at one another and staying up all night talking about who knows what, contact me.