After a while you learn the subtle difference between
holding a hand and chaining a soul,
and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
and company doesn't always mean security.
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
and presents aren't promises,
and you begin to accept your defeats
with your head up and your eyes ahead,
with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child.
And you learn to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans,
and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while you learn that even sunshine burns
if you get too much, so you plant your own garden
and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure,
you really are strong, you really do have worth,
and you learn and you learn.
With every goodbye, you learn.
********** Describe myself section **********
* I'm a Licensed Massage Therapist and Esthetician and I work at a massage/facial spa where I get to do relaxing massages and interracial facials... Kind of, but not really. On top of that I'm currently in school for Cosmetology so I can learn how to whip hurr back and forth, and then one day I can run my own mini spah!
* I'm obsessed with skin care and it's my goal to look like a fetus when I'm 30.
* I grew up with a father who owned a card and comic book shop. It jump started my already over-active imagination and permeated a child-like nature in my heart and mind forever. I could spend all day in a comic book shop reading anime and marvel.
* I sometimes tell my mom that my pussy hurts, and she's like "You don't have a pussy", and I'm like "Bitch, you don't know me!". And we both giggle. That's our relationship.
* I wish I had super powers.
* I still play Pokemon.
* I'm awkward, but not socially backwards.
* The ocean is where my body meets soul.
* Thunderstorms give me butterflies.
* Running is my meditation.
* Getting lost in the stars is euphoric.
* Driving on a warm spring or summer day with the windows down while listening to music with your hand flying out the window is a feeling that's insurmountable.
* I have a fear of puppets and styrofoam.
* I think farting is hilarious, especially when old people do it.
* I can be unrealistic and whimsical but I know when it's time to get my wings clipped.
* I'm super tangential, I usually laugh at anything that's politically incorrect, and I lack a filter.
* I love love. I'm a gentleman at heart and something as simple as holding hands makes me feel complete.
* Reality is scary and not what Disney told me it would be.
* I'm really just an old hag who likes to crochet and make people happy by stuffing their faces with food, that way they'll get fat and I'll be prettier.