Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to read what I have to say about myself and the relationship I intend to co-create with some awesome man in the immediate future.
About Me: I am a wild, wise woman, young at heart, eternally youthful in spirit, and an old soul if there is such a thing, and I believe there is. The essence of my nature is kindness, compassion, nurturing - and I practice those without effort every day. I want to be with someone who sees and cherishes that about me and who also practices caring and compassion as the essential elements of happiness that they are.
Other things that I value highly in life, in myself, in a relationship, and intend to find in a man include:
• Open and Honest communication (listening as well as speaking);
• Impeccable integrity and personal responsibility;
• Creativity and the ability to see and generate new possibilities from nothing;
• Partnership – the co-creative ability to work together;
• Gratitude – the ability to generate gratitude regardless of circumstances;
• Presence – aka, present moment awareness; consciousness; the ability to be awake in a world that does everything it can, night and day to induce fear and unconsciousness; and the ability to stay present with me during sex, during daily routine, during conversation, etc.
• Commitment – spoken and lived by – (this means many things, among them: the giving and keeping of one’s word; loyalty; no foot out the back door or cut-and-run tactics; as well as living and relating within a larger commitment to a world that works for all, rather than a small life that is about just us being happy in our own little bubble);
• Vulnerability – the willingness to open and let another person in, listen to their point of view without judgment, share our own without fear;
• Surrender – the ability to let go into the trust that we co-create with one another;
• Trust – the ability to trust each other as well as to be trustworthy;
• Courage – the knowing that there is a power greater than we are and we can count on it, use it, and be used by it - as well as the actual counting on it in the face of whatever comes our way;
• Spiritual Awareness – an awareness that all things are sacred - Spirit in manifest form; that back of all life is One Source of life; I happen to call it God. I’m not attached to what someone else calls it or in judgment of their understanding of it or beliefs about it;
• Being awake in the world with detachment; not getting caught up in politics or the anger about the state of the world – an awareness of what appears to be going on, and a willingness to act on one’s own guidance when it comes to what actions to take (or not as the case may be), while at the same time maintaining an awareness of a bigger picture;
• Playfulness – The ability to dance through the storm and laugh at ourselves and the world in all its craziness;
• Passion – passionate expression of the gifts we’ve been given, and of our love for one another. The ability to be present to each other and to God as we make love and enjoy the beauty and pleasure of each other;
• Gratitude and Wonder – reverence and respect for all of life and a sense of awe and amazement for the beauty of nature;
• Environmental consciousness – from recycling to solar and wind power to paying attention to every purchase made – buying local, used, safe, non-toxic as much as possible;
• Positive outlook – Some call it optimism, but I call it choosing what we think - and choosing to generate and think thoughts that move us in the direction of what we value and appreciate and want to see in the world;
• Health Consciousness – No alcohol, smoking, or drugs in my life. Having not bought into the medical system as a form of actual health care, I choose food as medicine, and living my daily life as a healing practice;
• An open mind – the willingness to hear new and different points of view without feeling threatened or defensive about our own – and the willingness to change our point of view when we find one that we can see fits us better than what we’ve held as true before.
• A higher purpose – the clear intention and commitment that our individual lives as well as our relationship are being used for a purpose greater than ourselves; the choice to live in such a way that our lives and our being together make a difference in the world.
I see a world changing rapidly around us. And I see that, time is not slowing down – meaning that we are as young as we will ever be - though we can choose to be healthier and more alive every day. What could be more precious than to be with someone who is not in denial of the potential for predicaments and challenges to arise in our lives – someone who is awake enough to cherish each moment and each opportunity to be fully present with one another - resisting nothing, protecting nothing, hiding nothing - in a loving, committed partnership ?
I want to spend time with my lover, pleasing one another for the sheer pleasure of it. I want to be his woman and say “Yes!” to him every time he wants to make love. And I want him to be that dedicated to my happiness as well, saying “Yes!” to me.
I want to work side by side on whatever project we deem worthy of our shared passions for life, and support one another in our individual pursuits as well. I want to go to the movies and hold hands. I want to play music and sing together, and go to concerts and watch others make beautiful music too. Sit next to a river, ocean, lake, or in our back yard, or garden, or wherever we are - with our feet up – taking in all the beauty and wonder of every moment, together, giving thanks that we have found each other.
I want to stay home and do ordinary things with great love behind them. I want to walk and hike and sit around and do nothing sometimes but catch up on the 50-60 years of amazing and inspiring stories that we don’t yet know about each other. Maybe travel – I’m not attached, but it would be nice. I’ve been some amazing places and done some outstanding things, as I’m sure you have – but I’ve never been to Hawaii.
I want to not, NOT, NOT continue life in the petty pace of pretending that there is any guarantee at all of what’s coming next in life. I want to be with someone who is keenly aware that NOW is so amazing and awesome that we wouldn’t choose to be anywhere else for a moment; Who will not pretend that life is about accumulating things and doing well in the material world. Or that we are separate from the rest of the world.
There are 30 years worth of transformational seminars, workshops, courses, classes, mastery programs, etc. on my resume. I have had years of personal therapy and coaching, loved it, and gotten a lot out of it. I have studied natural health care, herbs, and more ways of looking at life than many people even know exist. I am wise beyond my years – and my years are plenty.
I have done my inner work, left all that baggage at the train station lost and found, and have healed most of the wounds I’ve come here to heal. What’s left to heal needs a loving relationship with a man to be completed. What I have not done yet is love a man with complete abandon and an open heart, withholding nothing, fearing nothing, surrendering with grace and trust. I pray every day for this experience to round out what has been a wild and exciting ride of a challenging and fabulous life.
I want to be with someone who wants to know everything about me, and who wants me to know everything bout him. And who will gladly spend each now moment dedicated to the love that we generate and gift to one another, and share with the world through our relationship and all our activities. And if he can lift the occasional heavy thing, and provide a little financial support, that would be great, too.
My man will have his own wisdom, gained in his own way, by living his own life. And he will share all of that with me as well. He will have done much of his own work and healed whatever could be healed without me. We will be twice as rich in every way together, and do the rest of our healing with one another.
Here I stand. Who will meet me here? Who will stand next to me and say: “Yes! This is my woman! I will stand by her no matter what and I am proud to be her man!” That’s what I want.
If you are that man, show up. Stand next to me. Bring it. I will settle for nothing less, AND I OFFER NOTHING LESS.