And although I've never been married, I was engaged once and was also in an eight year relationship that ended August 2012. I'm definitely NOT afraid of commitment.
I like to cook for people, I have a terrific sense of humor, I'm thoughtful and LOVE animals.
I play guitar, I build custom guitars for a hobby, I'm handy around the house - I've usually got some project going on - this past week was fixing the condensation pipe from the A/C. I build computers as a hobby, I enjoy hiking and biking. LOVE The Big Creek Greenway for biking and I try to hike Stone Mountain at least once a week. (Funny story, I took my two neighbors walking on The Greenway. Collectively they're younger than me and I walked circles around them!)
As far as being honest, well what do women REALLY mean when they say they want someone who is honest? Do they mean they want a guy who will HONESTLY answer their questions? "Why yes, Honey, that dress DOES make your butt look big!" Or "Yes, I actually do think your sister is prettier than you." Honesty can sometimes be hurtful, so I try not to use it as a weapon. I put myself in that position and I don't want a woman who will honestly tell me she's going to a male strip club. What I want is a woman who's not going in the first place. Not that I'm a prude and if it was a "once in a while" thing like a bachelorette party, then by all means, go.
It's just that when I think of "honesty" I'm thinking of a person who does the right thing to begin with so they don't have to "be honest" later.
I'm at a point in my life where I'm comfortable - I don't have any debt - I own my home, the car is paid for and I'm stable in my job. I have my baggage down to a carry on. That said, I would enjoy the company of someone I'm attracted to who's attracted to me.
As far as what I'm looking for, I've listed some traits below, in no particular order;
* I'm looking for my best friend. I want someone I can share life's ups & downs with. Someone I care about who cares about me.
* Sense of humor. This means laugh at yourself, me and anything else that's funny. Really, don't be a "stick in the mud." Life's too short. Enjoy it!
* Age isn't important. However, most 20-somethings are still "sowing their wild oats", which I understand. So I'd prefer someone at least in their 30's. Although, I have met some mature 21 year olds and some very immature 41 year olds - go figure.
* Physically, I'm attracted to the shape of a woman. Real women have curves. That said, those curves should be tight and fit. I take care of myself so why shouldn't you?
* Children - I love kids. And if you have them, great. :-) Your children should come first and I TOTALLY understand that. But if you're always breaking dates to take care of your kids, perhaps you should reconsider your decision to join a dating site.
* Be willing to meet. E-mails and texts are nice, but I want to meet you in person. If after two or three messages, you're not ready to meet, then again, reconsider your decision to join a dating site.