Guitar_Dean
27 Toronto, Ontario, CA
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
Guitar_Dean
Join today
Find great matches with our advanced matching system!
My self-summary
I'm the biggest foodie I know. I love to eat, cook, bake, read about food, watch food shows on TV, I love food!

I stay fairly active because I like being healthy, but I don't particularly enjoy exercising. If sitting on my couch with a book and a cheesecake were good for me, I'd never set foot in a gym again.

I'm a huge nerd and proud of it. I have an absurdly strange sense of humour, I think math equations are sexy, I read science books for fun, and I'm always happy to sit down to a day-long board game.
What I’m doing with my life
I joined the navy as a combat systems engineer straight out of university, and for the last 5 years trained all over the country, sailed around the Arctic and Pacific, visited Greenland and Pearl Harbor amongst other places; sometimes I can hardly believe I'm getting paid for this!

More recently, I moved to Toronto to work with the sea cadets while also attending York University.
I’m really good at
Cooking and eating.
The first things people usually notice about me
"Do you ever stop eating?"
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Food? I'm very adventurous and love trying exotic dishes from around the world. Some crazy things I've eaten: century eggs, huitlacoche, shark, kangaroo, and naga jolokia. DO NOT TRY THE LAST ITEM IF YOU VALUE YOUR TASTE BUDS!

I've recently become "vegan-light," mainly for health reasons. 90% of my meals are vegan, but the remaining 10% of the time nothing is off limits.

As for books and movies and music, the weirder the better. I love contemporary, avant-garde art in general, whether its in words, on film, or on canvas. I want a Francis Bacon painting; sadly I'm a few million dollars short.

Although I'm not depressive, I gravitate towards dark themes. I particularly enjoy dystopian literature: 1984, The Handmaid's Tale, Brave New World, etcetera. And I really like twisted movies that mess with your mind.
The six things I could never do without
Good food, good wine, good company, times 2.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
What's for dinner?
On a typical Friday night I am
Not out killing my liver and brain cells all night long. Been there done that, not my idea of fun any more.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I have a man crush on 1960s Clint Eastwood.
You should message me if
You also think food is the 2nd greatest pleasure in life.
More