That last one ain't true.
I'm recently out of a long-term relationship and also a r recovering viking, so right now I'm just looking for friends for friend-like activity. You know, drinking, playing board or card games, and then drunkenly accusing the other of cheating and waving a knife around. And concerts and parasailing and amateur surgery contests.
Recently I was in Bloomington, then in Chicago for like 10 months, now back in Bloomington. I know where all the Starbucks are on the 65 and am like a shark, I have to constantly keep moving and, just like a shark, I'm keeping U-Haul's stock high.
I read far too much philosophy for my own good.
I'm also really good at medically diagnosing common problems, like gaping gunshot wounds to the chest or the horrible disease of being dead and/or pregnant.
Also, if I'm wearing short sleeves, it would be Thelma, the topless hula girl I carry with me on my arm in tattoo form.
Some have said I have a good smile, but I doubt it, as I make it point to not show teeth. Teeth are aggressive.
Movies: In thinking about it, I'm not sure I have many favorite movies. The Big Lebowski, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Jackie Brown... I'm blanking beyond that.
Shows: Breaking Bad, Futurama, Top Gear, soccer (which isn't a "show," per se, but it's on television so it counts), Portlandia.
Food: Larb, coffee, gyros, coffee, schwarma, coffee, roast chicken, and coffee.
Music: Beirut (the band, not the city), Man Man, Sufjan Stevens, The Darkness, Foxy Shazam, Florence & the Machine, Tom Waits, Cocorosie, Amanda Palmer, Port O'Brien, ELO.
Subcategory of British Invasion bands, in order of Awesomeness: The Kinks, the Who, the Rolling Stones, the Beatles.
2) My cats who tolerate me and once in awhile love me;
4) There is no item number 4;
5) Drinking cider while watching soccer (go City!); and
6) the smell of old books.
Also I like to imagine that one day I will be imbued with the powers of Magneto and/or the Incredibly Hulk and the world will tremble before me.
Seriously, if I develop super powers, you have about ten seconds between me learning I have a super power and me becoming a super villain. Plan accordingly.
Also, two things I've pondered recently:
1) My cats figured out how to open the fridge. You know that scene in Jurassic Park, when the guy is hunting the raptors but realizes (too late) that they're hunting him, and he calls one a clever girl, and it eats him? That's me. My cats are EVOLVING in ways that will prohibit me from owning lunchmeat. And
2) Never, EVER click on the pictures marked as Similar Users (or somesuch) to the right of the profile you're viewing on OKC. That's where the 18 and 19 year olds keep their profiles, you pervert.