Renaissance man is the best term to describe me. I was born blue-collar, so I grew up installing carpet, hammering nails and fixing cars, and my dad and I earned our motorcycle licenses this summer at MCC. Since getting out of grad school, I've started work as a technical writer/trainer at a local railway company. Job of a lifetime. Spare time, when I can comprehend the idea, is spent working toward a black belt in karate, running, and destroying every bar and club on Alexander St. Suit coat and fedora required. I'm a master of contradiction.
What I like:
- Finding new ways to present information
- Creating things
- Making new and unlikely friends
- Debating the mysteries of the universe
- Exploring (the woods or the streets, either is cool)
- taking a second to look at the stars
- kicking a hole in something : )
- Chuck Norris facts
- Samuel L. Jackson movies
- bulleted lists, apparently
What I don't like:
- Social Media (I didn't say I don't use it, I said I hate it)
- Dating Sites (see above)
- Modern BS
- Postmodern BS
- Posthardcore (screw it, I hate anything with post in front of it)
- Drama/Games/Lies/Assorted BS
- Not having dreams or goals
- Excessive negativity (if you enjoy complaining about everything, please hit the back button...now)
- Excessive use of parenthesis...wait, um...
*FYI: The handle "HeavyFuel" comes from the song "Heavy Fuel" by Dire Straits. Go listen if you're interested.