New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
25 • Oakland, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 18–100
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, short-term dating
- Last online
- Today – 1:58pm
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body type
- Strictly anything
- Agnosticism, and somewhat serious about it
- Gemini, but it doesn’t matter
- Working on two-year college
- Less than $20,000
- Likes dogs
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Poorly), Russian (Poorly)
California. Despite all this, I'd like to think that I'm an otherwise varied and multifaceted individual. I'm
interested in almost everything nerdy (with the exception of anime
and comic books), and find that I spend more time than is
reasonable playing video games. I also like listening to and
discussing music, eating and contemplating new and interesting
foods, and debating on literature, art, and other silly bullshit besides.
I've become less hermit-y as the years have gone by, but I'd still like to see more, do more, and experience more of this city and the various areas around it.
I am geeky, smart, and sarcastic
Also, I need new pictures up here. It's ridiculous.
I also want to learn Russian. Attempts to do so by reading a book by Dostoevsky that I haven't even read in English are not succeeding very rapidly. I'd love to know of a better option.
I've also been playing piano for about 15 years, and it brings me a great deal of calm and relaxation. I also have a wicked deadpan delivery for whatever cutting sarcasm crosses my mind.
And I am a devastating war god of MarioKart 64.
I should also probably get a haircut again. Dammit.
- I like the works of Aldous Huxley and Mervyn Peake. Oscar Wilde also turns a phrase quite nicely, and from time to time, I appreciate Hemingway. Recently, I have been reading Langston Hughes, and have been quite impressed. I'm totally interested in finding new authors. Even if I don't end up liking them, at least it gives me something else to talk and think about.
- I don't watch many movies, but I do enjoy Wuxia films. Especially if the choreography is well done. Also, the Seventh Seal by Bergman, and basically anything by Kurosawa. Those guys are awesoe.
- Shows... hm. I basically watch TV on netflix, or random streaming online, so I don't get much basic tv shit, but I really like Breaking Bad (who doesn't?), Mad Men (despite a slow start), and being a true and loyal nerd, A Game of Thrones (though for different reasons than why I liked the book). And though the show has kinda bored me, I'll still happily watch Boardwalk Empire, because the sets and costumes are just so damn snazzy.
- My musical tastes range from 90's grunge, to romantic/modern Russian Symphonic music. I also like some triphop, 80's metal, and jazz. Aretha and Marvin have special places in my heart as well. I could write dissertations on this, as it is an area of great interest to me, but this field is somewhat limited, so I'll move on.
- I am interested in any new and exciting cuisine that I have never eaten before, but among things I have eaten, I like Thai, Indian (Southern Indian in particular), Cajun, and Italian food. Burmese has also made a strong positive impression on me. Make it spicy, flavorful, and creative, and I'm there. This is not to say that I'm not totally down for some nachos, or some delicious burgers, or anything. Proper execution is more important than novelty, in my opinion.
- A pencil, of some sort. You never know when you'll need to write something down.
- A notebook, to write things down in, and keep them in one place.
- Being a child of the new millennium, a cell phone. It's my watch, my alarm clock, and my means of any sort of coordination.
- Spices. Without them, food would be less delicious, and the world would become a colder and grayer place.
- A piano. Playing the music keeps me sane, and releases stress.
- Some sort of regular positive human contact. I like some quiet, but I'm miserable if I'm alone too long.
The world is full of experiences and possibilities, and I would love to see it all.
Personally, though? I love to dance, I love to sing, and I love being out with fun and interesting people. I just moved to Oakland, so if there are good places to do any of these things, I would be delighted to hear about them.
I also listen to more g-funk than any white guy has a right to.
And seriously, what the hell does one say to a barber?
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.