When it comes to to the type of relationship I want to have, I say start with a simple greeting and see how far things go. This can lead to friendship, a short-term relationship, a long-term relationship, maybe marriage-- it depends on us. The relationship labels don't matter for me, only the partner. :)
Most of my free time is spent in Manhattan. Sometimes I'm at the gym near work doing either cardio or strength training. Sometimes I'm at the movies watching action adventures, comedies, science fiction, dramas, even anime. Once in a while I'll attend a sporting event, especially if it involves the New York Yankees or any of the National Hockey League teams. Now that the weather is warmer, I find myself walking from Midtown to Battery Park. On occasion, I'll go swimming.
When it comes to free time, I tend to be low-key (movies, reading, television, etc.). Sometimes I play shoot pool or play billiards. The bar scene isn't for me since all I do there is drink. The club scene isn't for me since I haven't learned to dance yet; of course, if someone is willing to teach me that can change. ;) When it comes to going out with others, I prefer more intimate gatherings (again, it goes back to my preference for low-key activities). Of course, this isn't to say I won't try something exciting (say, surfing or parasailing), it just depends on what's going on and who is with me.
Among some items I wanted to share:
* When it comes to the arts, I admit to being a Philistine. There are aspects of art I don't grasp, and I realize it is due to my perspective (more analytical than creative). If a woman thinks she can civilize me and educate me in the ways of the arts, she is welcome to accept the challenge.
* I don't claim to be a dancer, and that's one reason I don't do the club thing. If a woman thinks she can teach me to dance well enough so we can get our freak on at some dance hall, then she's my teacher and I'm her student.
* When it comes to stamina and energy, most recent experiences have been work-related. Twice in two weeks this month I've worked 8 hours of overtime in a day-- most of the younger guys left before OT Hour 5. If I can handle that kind of time at work, imagine what I can do for you if you're my girlfriend (movie marathons, extensive exercise, dance lessons, shopping, games people play, who knows what else)?
* Since last summer, I've changed my lifestyle to incorporate a healthy diet with emphasis on protein. While I'm still omnivorous, the meat I consume is usually chicken or turkey, once in a while it is beef. Just as often, I eat fish (including shrimp, salmon sushi and salmon sashimi). As long as I get the protein I need, I can actually minimize meat intake. More importantly, the woman I seek should help me maintain a healthy lifestyle.
* These days I have a better handle on my time, and there are numerous activities I've wanted to experience. Depending on what my girlfriend does, I'm open to exploring her world and what she does for fun.
I am uber-loyal, determined, and passionate