N.B.: I drive trucks for a living, all over the country. I never know where I'm going to be from one day to the next, and I really do go just about everywhere. So no matter where you are, don't be shy about messaging me :)
Onward to the TL;DR: I am one part cosplaying geeky Star Trek fan, one part paganish outdoorsy adventurer, one part free-thinking coffee-shop bohemian, and I am looking for same. Put another way: I am a Time Lord and I am seeking my Companion. ;)
I have a lot of interests. SF/Fantasy, in literature and media, comes near the top of the list. Philosophy, especially as it pertains to religion and spirituality, is also right up there, as is science, particularly physics and cosmology. I spend a lot of time thinking about social issues, and in that regard I self-identify as a feminist, a socialist, and a big-city liberal. I'm into martial arts, alternative lifestyles, primal living, and transhumanism.
I love being outdoors and having deep conversations. I am happiest when these two things are combined. I prefer coffee shops to bars, I prefer movie theatres to sports arenas, and I'd rather stay in and order pizza and cuddle than go out to a club. (Though I do like to dance every so often, awkward as I may be.) I'm heavily into tabletop RPGs and MMOs (veteran WoW player here), writing, singing -- basically anything creative. I love arts festivals and public markets.
I am a casual member of the SCA, and I enjoy the odd LARP from time to time.
Bless you for reading this far. As this is a dating website, here are some examples of dates I'd like to go on (some of which you'll probably have already guessed):
* We go out for coffee, talk for a while, and then adjourn for a walk along the beach or through the city.
* We catch a show at the theatre and then walk home singing the songs.
* Take a day and a couple kayaks, and explore a bay or river.
* An early morning watching the sun rise over Ironforge with a [Romantic Picnic Basket].
* Spend a weekend camping and hiking up in the mountains or on a remote island somewhere.
* Go out dancing, even though I can't dance and maybe you can't either.
* Hit up a local SCA event.
* Grab a blanket and thermos and head out some night, find a field and look at the stars.
* Go to a convention in matching cosplay.
* Karaoke! :D
If any of that intrigues you, please don't hesitate to say hello! :)