a.k.a. Things To Accept If You Want To Hang
(Updated October 2015)
1) I'm genderqueer, transgender, and
That means you won't be freaked out that I
resist the gender binary, fuck around with gender norms and am
doing hormone therapy to further become my true self.
2) I'm an activist focused on anti-oppression and
for social justice, I volunteer for various collectives and
agencies, and I participate in direct action campaigns and
discussion groups-- this is my life, and expect to be gently called
on your privilege (white, ableist, patriarchal, cissexist,
heteronormative, colonial, etc.) if you interact with me.
3) I'm an animist/mystic/spiritworker.
background in chaos magick and my ancestral traditions as well as
Northern Tradition Paganism. I honour my ancestors and local
spirits. I cultivate a relationship with my environment. I employ
psychological techniques that look like magick and magick that
looks like psychology. I am an epistemological anarchist,
psychonaut, and believer.
4) I'm a performer/speaker/presenter.
this, locally, I do a lot of events where I'm talking a lot.
5) I'm a survivor and relict.
I need support from
a network of folks I consider my family as well as those who are
specifically there to support and counsel me as I continue my
recovery from trauma and abuse. Also, I still grieve for my
deceased partner. Though we never married, we were together for 3
years and co-habitated. I have very specific concepts about
boundaries, nonviolent and radical communication, triggers, and
support that need to be understood and respected above all
6) I'm neuroatypical/multiple.
This is fairly
private, so I can explain it to you if you're interested.
Generally, I've got apparently high emotional and mental
intelligence with differentiated and adaptive personality
mechanisms partially instigated by trauma.
7) I'm currently seeing 4-5 people in loving, fulfilling,
longterm relationships where they consider me family and I consider
I consider myself a relationship anarchist,
and do not consider sex a defining trait of whether I prioritize a
relationship among the multiple I have ethically and
8) I'm kinky.
This is the kind of thing you'll
have to ask about if you want details. Or you can probably find me
Shit I'm Working On That Might Eventually Irritate
- My able-bodied privilege and colonial privilege as a settler on
Turtle Island, specifically "Canada"
- Trying to get back into frequent and steady physical
- Gender dysphoria and body dysmorphia
- A balance between working too much and hiding from the
- I am horny. Like, a lot. And kinky horny, i.e. vanilla sex won't
- I sometimes have time management issues, where I double-book,
overcommit, show up late, or forget about a meeting
- I text really slowly and prefer talking on the phone or
- I'm a bit of a rescuer and have to work on not trying to fix your
problems or offer advice or take responsibility for your shit
- I'm a talker, to the point where folks may consider it TMI,
overshare, or indiscreet (though I still do my utmost to protect
folks' privacy, it's good to assume that if you don't tell me who
is allowed to know this information in blunt terms, I will talk
- I am unpredictably unpredictable, chaotic, and messy (literally