Allow me to say that I am very flattered but quite shocked at the response I've been getting. I have a lot of messages to read & profiles to visit & it's a bit overwhelming so please forgive me if I don't respond right away or if you get a quick one-liner.
Perhaps I should also list some deal-breakers, or close to deal breakers, as it seems that some people either don't take the time to browse the questions or haven't answered those mandatory (for me) questions.
We won't work if...
- you are not 100% in support of the gay community - across the board! (I'm BI, hello!)
- you believe that the government has the right to legislate & regulate a individual's personal life but not the practices of businesses, corporations or institutions (reasonably).
- you believe that those who speak, worship, eat, dance, copulate, or love differently than you are somehow morally defective.
- you are not in full acceptance that the God of Christianity, Judaism, & Islam is the same God AND you are a practicing member of one of these sects.
I'm not saying that if you're Christian/Jewish/Muslim we won't work. I'm saying if you are AND are unable to accept that ya'll share a god, I will quickly become frustrated with you. I like to discuss this stuff.
- you have jealousy issues or sexual hang-ups.
- you are not willing or prepared to accept my open sexuality &/or that of my friends (they run the gamut).
- if you want your partner to be prim & proper in the bedroom, you've got the wrong girl.
- you are not able to communicate openly & honestly about your feelings, like, dislikes, wants, etc.
I reserve the right to add to or amend these lists.
*Being sexually open/liberated does not mean that I am "slutty". I'm not a party-trick nor will I do whatever you tell me to do (unless it's been negotiated into the contract). You must be intimate with the definition & spirit of "safe, sane, & consensual" & I will be able to pick up on this pretty quickly if you're not.
I'm not necessarily looking for a romantic, long-term relationship, perhaps just spreading my wings a little. I'm looking for good conversation, laughter & to get outside & active. I'm itching for a little fun & maybe a little trouble.
I'm a thinker & a doer. I'm creative & industrious. If it needs to be done, I'll figure out how to do it. If it needs to be brought into existence, I'll figure out how to fabricate it. I don't see the world the same way most folks do nor do I want to. I'm strong, resilient & optimistic…in spite of myself. Although I’m unquestionably unconventional, I like to believe it’s balanced with a bit of pragmatism.
I have a very small family but they are an enormous presence in my life. My daughter is the coolest chick ever & I like to surround myself with open minds & adventurous spirits for her benefit as well as mine. I share joint custody so she spends 50% of her time with me so that time has got to be good!
I must be honest by admitting that I’ve navigated some difficult emotional roads & I won’t deny my areas of messiness but for better or worse it has shaped who I am. I am & will always be, a work in progress seeking every opportunity for growth. I am not pretentious or high-maintenance nor am I lazy or delusive.
I would consider myself quite confident in myself & my ideas but perhaps less so in my ability to express them. Hey, I’m working on it. I’m working on a lot of things!