Having realised that nothing else can make you feel more alive, I'm determined to make new experiences that scare the hell out of me as much as possible. If by the end of it all I become one of those old people that has a story to tell for everything I'll be one happy man indeed.
Love to laugh and chat about life, the universe and everything.
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves," was one of the smartest things Einstein ever said.
Smiling and beguiling.
Finally getting around to finishing that degree I started and subjecting myself to a PGCE afterwards to teach secondary school students (fingers crossed!)
Forcing myself into running. My legs hate me right about now.
- Eating inordinate amounts of food (I didn't realise this was a thing!).
- Making plans.
- Three-point turns (I gave up the ability to parallel park though).
- Awful jokes (as in appallingly bad, not hideously offensive).
- Messy cooking.
- Self-deprecation (I realise that's a bit of an oxymoron).
- People-watching in bars.
- Faffing around.
- Landing on my feet.
- That I usually pick an awful shirt and tie combination.
- That I'm usually wearing a flustered look.
Trying to branch out after finishing the ASoIaF series (suggestions welcome!), other favourites include the Discworld series, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Animal Farm and Sherlock Holmes novels. History books (modern) are a good read.
All the usual suspects: Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Scarface, American History X, Shaun of the Dead, Superbad etc. MCU!
South Park, Arrested Development, Spaced, Flight of the Conchords, Archer and Game of Thrones. Recently went on a nostalgia trip with Dragon Ball Z. It's not as good as I remembered.
Arcade Fire, Beastie Boys, Belle & Sebastian, The Cure, The Decemberists, Eels, Flaming Lips, Gogol Bordello, Gorillaz, Hot Chip, I Am Kloot, Interpol, Manics, Modest Mouse, Nirvana, Pixies, Pulp, Radiohead, The Smiths, Vampire Weekend, Reggie Watts and Weezer.
My last.fm, because why not? http://www.last.fm/user/kayjaybles
Scrabble, the Civilization series, Poker (I'm completely unreadable which people seem to find very annoying but in reality I don't know what I'm doing half the time), Ring of Fire, Worms (Armageddon). Otherwise unplayed games - I've got plenty of those in my Steam library.
Anything spicy usually - a madras is the curry of choice and I make some mean veggie enchiladas.
1) Organising my life through lists.
2) My car (never thought I would admit to it!)
3) Pulling a duvet fresh out of the tumble dryer.
6) Puns. Lots of puns.
- Witty comebacks that I should have used in arguments that have long gone!
- The next half-baked crackpot scheme I might have.
- Escaping the rat race.
- Buying a knackered old campervan and travelling around Europe.
I own a onesie and I am completely unashamed by this.
I once got married and my first daughter was born 48 hours later. That was a fun weekend.
...You like making spontaneous plans.