Find better matches with our advanced
59 • Berkeley, CA • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 40–59
- Near me
- Who are single
- For long-term dating
- Last Online
- Today – 1:54am
- 5′ 7″ (1.70m)
- Body Type
- Mostly other
- Not at all
- Buddhism, and laughing about it
- Cancer, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from masters program
- Art / Music / Writing
- Strictly monogamous
- Doesn’t have kids, and doesn’t want any
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English (Fluently)
I'm blessed to be doing what none of my ancestors had the luxury of doing—being a full-time musician—performing and recording with my favorite jazz and world music artists in the Bay Area. I play piano and keyboards, vocals, alto flute, and hand and mallet percussion from around the world. [I bet there's a label for someone who leads a half-dozen bands, maybe something like 'Acquired Band Leader Syndrome']. I teach other teachers .
Seriously good at composing, arranging, & teaching.
"You're not 59, no way..."
Movies (animation)— "Spirited Away", "Triplets Of Belleville" (comedy)—"Best In Show", "I Heart Huckabees", "Defending Your Life", "Il Mostro", (music)—"The House That Ahmet Built", "Ray", "Amadeus" (drama)—"The Life Of Pi", "Being John Malkovich", "American Beauty", "Slumdog Millionaire", "Malcolm X"
Music (jazz)—Kurt Elling, Claudia Acuna, Nguyen Le, Art Lande, Jason Moran, Egberto Gismonti
(classical)—Hildegarde through John Adams
(international)—North Indian, Brazilian, West-African
(funk/gospel/blues)—Herbie Hancock, Parliament, Take 6, Kirk Franklin, Robert Johnson, Buddy Guy
(pop/rock)—Martha Reeves, Steely Dan, CSN, Joni Mitchell, Sting, Usher
(country, no joke)—Kacey Musgraves, Brad Paisley
Radio (NPR)—Snap Judgement, TED Talks, To The Best Of Our Knowledge, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
I see Beauty in everything. The music in someone's speech,
the poetry in their eyes, the dance in their gestures, the design
in a pile of leaves, the unintended humor in a billboard, what a building says about a culture. "There is Beauty everywhere,
only some see it", said The Buddha.
* Humor that questions my assumptions and all the arts
* Hot showers & touch
* My gym
* The sound of nature
* Organic produce
* Non-corporate media
* That the greatest artistic cultures have the most cross-polination, yet non-native species that cross-polinate are usually destructive to their physical environment...
* My next composition, arrangement, or poem.
* How great it is living in the Bay Area.
Why OkCupid's profile don't include these questions:
> "Are you attracted more to vegans or virgins ?"
> "If your car could talk, would it lie to the CHP for you ?"
> "Your dog is feeling depressed. Would it be ethical to force it to watch John Stewart and Stephen Colbert for a week ?"
* Hanging with a friend
* Thinking about dancing with you in the moonlight
a baby wolf...
* You want your partner to be your best friend,
yet still allow for a bit of mystery.
* You value a partner who has done a significant body of personal growth.
* You're at least 5'5" and have a slender or athletic build.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.