Find better matches with our advanced matching system
41 / F / Straight / Single
Her journal posts
May 14, 2010
I have found that I have had to reject 100% of my Quiver picks lately because I was so turned off by the profiles I was reading. So here are some guidelines to what makes a winning profile:
- Use proper spelling, grammar and capitalization. Nothing screams "loser" more loudly than a man who can't write a profile in proper English. It demonstrates that you're lazy and lack intelligence.
- Have a profile picture that shows you in clothes and doesn't have you taking a picture of yourself in a mirror. Anything else is just plain tacky. Also, don't have profile pictures with you drinking alcohol or with random chicks. It makes you look like a partier or a player....or both. Neither of them are attractive.
- Don't be overly schmalzy. Lines like "I'm looking for that lucky lady that will make my life complete!" just make me want to puke. Be a man, build your own life, and be looking for a companion to enhance your life, not complete it!
- Don't act like you're God's gift to women. ::eyeroll:: Give me a break. NO MAN out there is God's gift to women, not even George Clooney. You are NOT all that.
- Don't be desperately looking for a partner. It screams "LOSER! I WILL SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF YOU IF YOU DATE ME!" If you're not comfortable with yourself, how are you supposed to be comfortable in a relationship? Get a therapist, take some time off of the dating scene and get a grip!
Mar 3, 2010
Does it KILL you people to follow through when you say you're going to do something? So much for people's word being bond.
You want to continue things? Don't promise things you can't deliver on, even if it's a simple phone call. Didn't your mother teach you to follow up when you say you're going to do something?
Feb 21, 2010
I am finding that the men in Wisconsin that use OKC that have contacted me so far are a bit...clueless as to how to approach a woman like me. So here are some simple guidelines to go by:
- When sending me a message, discuss common interests or something that you liked that I may have written in my profile. Starting an initial message with "you have a nice rack" is ill advised. It is tacky and disrespectful. Do you REALLY want to start off on that foot, especially if you're looking for a long-term relationship?
- For the majority of you, English is your native language. You have NO excuse not to use proper spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and capitalization. If you can't be bothered to write English properly, you come across as lazy and lacking intelligence. Not the way to impress someone with a quality education, including a Master's degree.
- Have your own profile completed. I made an effort to create a profile and give you an idea of who I am as a person. I expect you to do the same.
- Have a photo posted. Again, I made the effort to show you who I am. I expect nothing less than the same. Multiple photos are encouraged.
- Have more diverse interests than just the outdoors. Yes, Central Wisconsin is beautiful and there's lots to offer, but I am a multidimensional woman. I like all sorts of activities. If you're going to bitch about going to the symphony, a play or an art film, keep on walking.
- Be your own person. It's OK to have your own opinions and point of view. I prefer that than a doormat who agrees with everything I say. Have a spine, for pete's sake!
- Book smarts and education is great, but have some common sense and an idea of what's going on in the world around you. I have been able to incorporate the two, so I know for a FACT that book smarts and street smarts are NOT mutually exclusive.
- Don't be shallow. I know that I'm not all that in the body department, but I'm working on it. I've had issues with food in the past, but my eating habits have dramatically improved. I've lost 7 pounds since mid-January and eager to continue the trend. Looks change, but personalities last a lifetime. Focus more on my big heart, not my big ass.
- If we continue to be in contact for a bit, don't drop off the face of the planet for months on end, then expect to pick up where we left off without missing a beat. You want to get to know me and see where things go? MAKE A CONSISTENT EFFORT. If not, then be straight with me and let me know. I can handle rejection. Honest.
So that's it. Those are my rules. I may not win any popularity contests because of it, but I'd rather be single than settle...and I don't think I'm asking for too much here. I just want to be treated with respect and have people be honest with me, plain and simple.