Find better matches with our advanced matching system
29 • M • Los Angeles, CA
- Last Online
- Jun 5
- 6′ 3″ (1.91m)
- Body Type
- Mostly anything
- Not at all
- Atheism, and very serious about it
- Graduated from university
- Relationship Status
- Seeing Someone
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- English, German (Poorly)
-So...that paragraph ^ is old. I've been in California for a year. Like it. Gonna stay a while.
-And now that paragraph ^is old. LAs not bad but I'm planning to leave when I have the money to make it happen. I'd like to live nomadically and dirtbag for a while. We'll see how long it takes to pull this off and how long I can make it once I jet (or van, or whatever). Until then, I'm climbing around la as much as possible and enjoying the friends I've made here.
-(11/22/2012) yet another update to this thing: got sick about a month and a half ago during the last time that would have been suitable to look for a place to live. Couple days later I got better and decided I'd rather climb than look for a new place so long story short, I live in my car. Basically I go to work, go climb, sleep, and save money by not paying rent. So if I haven't answered a message from you, that might be why. Dating while homeless is awkward.
-except that for about a month now the beard has given way to a ridiculous handlebar mustache
Or the fact that I look like someone they know. I get this all the time. I have actually heard the question "are you sure you're not so-and-so's brother?" Yes. Yes I'm sure.
Just discovered: band of skulls, and rival sons. I also saw arcade fire at bonnaroo which changed my opinion of them
Books- the zinn reader, room full of mirrors, whats god got to do with it, a peoples history of the united states, heaven is a playground, into the wild, letter to a christian nation, the forever war, god is not great, into thin air, hitch-22, a power governments cannot suppress.
In the process of reading and enjoying it so far: hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (I'm nerding out a little bit because I've gotten my other books out of the way and I can start this in earnest now!).
Books I'm looking forward to in the near future: the rest of howard zinns writing, anything from michio kaku, the cornel west reader (sooo excited for this one!), class matters, the moral landscape, joe haldeman stuff, voices of the chicago eight, when giants walked the earth (ZEPPELIN!!!!!), dune, enders game, and checking out authors like: kerouac, vonnegut, sedaris, sarah vowell.
And one that I'm not looking forward to but feel like I have to read: shake hands with the devil.
Damn, I need to get started.
movies- city of god, shawshank redemption, the godfather trilogy, inception, the dark night, the big lebowski, into the wild, milk, midnight in paris, almost famous, fight club, office space, old school, snatch, gattaca, lord of the rings trilogy, star wars, tombstone, mystic river, waltz with bashir, dazed and confused, good will hunting, pulp fiction, 25th hour, riding giants, step into liquid, dogtown and z-boys, the untouchables, hoop dreams, 21 grams, american history x, religulous, the departed, hoosiers, hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, it might get loud, the rape of europa. any documentaries on subjects I'm interested in.
Guilty pleasure movies: demolition man, judge dredd, bloodsport. Yes I know they suck. No I wouldn't pay to see them. However, if they happen to be on, I am watching.
Food- no thanks
1. Music (let's say art in general).
2. Family and freinds
3. Sports (climbing, basketball, golf, surfing when I get the chance). I really want to try skydiving too. Recently bunjee jumped for the first time. I kind of just want to climb up and jump of anything I can find.
4. My guitars. You might think this should go under #1, but you haven't heard me play.
5. Travel. Gotta see new places every once in a while or I start getting antsy.
6. Humor. How anybody survives without it is beyond me.
-Politics and social issues. Individually as well as how they effect each other.
-The future. Not mine necessarily, but ours (as a species, I mean). Possibilities and pitfalls of the future interest me. This includes future tech., as well as issues we will face. If I had the option to live forever, I'd have to consider it, just out of sheer curiousity for what will come next.
In lieu of revealing secrets here (none of mine seem sufficiently interesting), I'll just list some random facts about me or opinions of mine.
- My face is made of all the same things yours is, plus titanium. As titanium is not magnetic, I do not have trouble flying. However, my x-rays are cooler than yours.
- I truly believe that Ian Curtis is the greatest dancer of all time. Yes, better than Michael Jackson.
- On the subject of musicians, I much prefer "interesting" singers to "beautiful" singers. Beautiful singers tend to just make me uncomfortable. This means that the latest singing sensation that everyone loves, does nothing for me. I sometimes feel like an alien because the latest 12-year-old-with-the-voice-of-an-angel doesn't interest me at all. I'll take Jack White singing Wayfaring Stranger any day.
- I've recently realized that I haven't heard of a place in a long time, maybe ever, that I don't want to go to. I want to go everywhere.
- Most cherished advice I've recieved from my mother: "Avoid the cops for the next couple of days." (My family keeps it classy).
- Teenage mutants and joes-who-know will always be better than mighty morphers. This intergenerational squabble is now settled.
- I googled the word "religibilia," which I used in a photo caption. Apparently I coined this non-word word because I was the only result. Kind of thought some other idiot would have used this before, but nope, just me.
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 20–29
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends
At the least: nothing above has repelled you
I hate to be negative on a site that I joined on a lark, but please do not message me if:
-u rite lik diz. I can read it. I won't read it.
-You feel the need to state that you are smart, funny, or beautiful. People who truly possess these qualities tend to understand that they are demonstrated, not stated.
-You are a super-christy-jesus-freak seeking to convert me. I have religious friends. I can be yours too, if you are religious. But not if you are only out to convert me. I'm not an atheist out of ignorance of religion. I've spent years thinking about this issue, and debating it. I actually enjoy discussing it. I simply ask that you consider this; if you find that I am not to be converted, could you still be my friend? If your answer is no, please save us both the time.
-I'm noticing that some of you have a pretty strong preference for a guy who is bearded or not. This is fine but here's the thing: if you come to know me for more than a few months you will see a different style on me. I get tired of shaving which normally results in a beard. I eventually get bored of the beard, and it goes away/I shave it. So if either of these options just can't work for you, then you should know going in that a few months down the road you will suddenly be unatracted to me...and I hear that's bad for a relationship.
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.