Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Here's a list of words which go some ways towards describing
- Very silly
- Always kind and considerate. (My dad says I'm the nicest guy he's
- Musical: I've played violin
since I was five. I have a degree
in Jazz violin, of all things.
- Sense of humor: usually understated; not afraid of puns.
- Definitely into self-awareness.
- People generally tell me that I seem older and more mature than
- Former massage therapist
- Avid homebrewer
- I love children! I teach music to lots of little ones and I've
grown to love interacting with kids.
- The quiet type - though I'll talk your ear off about all the
things about which I'm passionate.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- I play and teach
. I play in several area bands, whose styles include Irish
rock, Gypsy jazz, and old-timey rock n' roll.
- I teach the Alexander Technique
fascinating study of movement, thought, intention, and awareness.
Check out my video:
- I build things like a six-string electric violin
(with lots of
help from my uncle), a cigar box tenor ukulele, and a marimba
(very much in
- I compose
and record at home. Check out some of my music at
- I also do all sorts of artsy-craftsy things. When I get an idea
for a cool project, I can spend hours on hours immersed in it. One
of my favorite activities is to make things with friends. Right
now, I'm making tensegrity structures.
- Tearin' up the Wiss on my big red 29er! (10 points if you know
what that means!)
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
Enjoying a quiet moment
Expressing nuanced feelings
Making hearty soups
Forgetting people's names - I think my record is about 2 seconds
flat! This also means I'm really good at getting around actually
using people's names...
I'm also really good at finding things which interest me. Give me
any old subject and I'll find an interesting angle. For instance:
who knew that horses can see in almost 360 degrees? Who knew that
the ancient denizens of the Philippines could accurately navigate
their canoes over thousands of miles of open water by following the
stars, flotsam and jetsam, bird and insect migrations, and the
patterns of waves on the surface of the water? Did you know that a
single cubic inch of clay, if flattened to a height of one silica
molecule, could cover an entire football field?
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
My Van Dyke beard.
Some people tell me I look like a Civil War reenactor (is that a
Or my Stetson. Blam.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
My favorite books of ALL TIME:
- "The Seven Mysteries of
" by Guy Murchie
" by Kahlil Gibran
- "Tao Te
" by Lao Tse, trans. Ralph Alan Dale
" by Marshall Rosenberg
- Anything by Joseph Campbell
Music: too much to tell in writing.
Also, I have a CSA share, and there are many vegetables included in
this which I have never seen before. Cardoons? Florentine
cauliflower? What do I do with these?
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
The nature of experience and consciousness, the Alexander
Technique, music, and how to find meaning in my life.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Playing a gig, having a quiet night working on a project, reading a
book, or watching a movie.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I eat most of my meals out of bowls.
Also, I like it sweet and hot. ;)
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- You'd like to meet a thoughtful, lovably corny guy with a
penchant for making up music on the spot.
- You are considerate, kind, and tender, and you enjoy sharing
quiet moments along with the exciting ones.
- You're into mindfulness and self-awareness. There's little I find
sexier than women who self-aware.
- You're wanting someone who might cherish, love, and support
- You're open to being in a non-monogamous relationship. I'm in a
very loving relationship with a wonderful woman, and we're
exploring open relationships for the first time. Being so new to
the idea, I'm a little uncertain about it - but I'm open to love.
If you're open to love, as well, please feel free to reach out!
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.