Here are some basic facts:
- spent my final semester of undergrad in Pune, India and am moving to Vancouver for Law School
- grew up on a small family farm outside of Ottawa
- did improv theatre in high school and coached the team after
- have an obsession with Disney Movies (especially The Lion King)
- I really love French Fries! Especially Wes' in Arnprior
- want to work in human rights
- lead an active lifestyle
- raspberries are yummy
- like meeting new people from different places
- I'm a leftie (my hand and my beliefs)
- I love travelling
- I'm fit/thin
I'm on this site because I filled out a Harry Potter Quiz and then for some reason got this thing automatically. I think that the internet is trying to tell me something about people who like Harry Potter being single. But hey, I figured, what do I have to lose and decided to fill this sucker out.
I'm a huge fan of skiing and was a ski instructor for a long time. I love playing sports, but some of them aren't the conventional type. I was on the University of Ottawa Quidditch team (I swear I'm not THAT big of a geek), I rock-climb, went canyoning and LOVED it and enjoy snowboarding, swimming, soccer, etc. I am also big into adventure races and placed 4th/447 in the 2010 Ottawa City Chase!!
I also would say I'm a pretty progressive person and a lot of my work experience has been in the field of sexuality, queer issues, and sexual health. I worked in a sex store as a workshop presenter for a while, helped organize the AIDS walk, and was the drama coach for a sexual health theatre company. I'm also fairly political and have done some writing for a social justice focused newspaper.
I enjoy reading when I can and love watching a good film. I like to do random and spontaneous things and enjoy keeping myself really busy. If I'm doing a day of nothing by myself it makes me feel really ancy, but I can find it relaxing to do a day of nothing with a friend/partner.
I guess other things you want to know about me you can ask.
...I also write a lot as evident by this post that was done 'for the hell of it'.