New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
35 • Brooklyn, NY • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 23–35
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
- Last online
- Today – 8:20am
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m)
- Body type
- Trying to quit
- Agnosticism, and laughing about it
- Pisces, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Likes dogs and likes cats
- I'm another Brooklyn writer. Yeah, I know, you're shocked. It's like meeting actors in LA. But yeah, I make scribbles. I haven't seemed to find a form yet. Last year it was a couple plays. This year it's been my third attempt at a novel. (I just finished the rough draft and I don't hate it, which is saying something.) Next year will be trying to get this novel thing to make sense, and then working on a episodic radio play with some other writers. So at least I'm keeping it varied.
- I have a job where I make expensive cool things go expensive cool places. At allows me to afford such extravagances as rent and hot water...and occasionally the Brisco County, Jr. DVD set. I've got to go watch that.
- I have a banjo, and I'm trying to learn, but right now I probably sound like Holmes playing the violin.
- My cat's name is Cyrus, because he can dig it.
- I can cook, but what I make might kill you. Not in the innappropriately sliced a blowfish way, more in that my kind of mac and cheese involves five different kinds of cheese, bacon, and ground unicorn horn. You know if it's available.
- I own multiple seasons of Gilmore Girls and Rescue Me. I think they balance each other out.
- I'm a Mets fan. This is my way of saying I'm comfortable with crying.
- No one believes I have a tattoo. Let alone two.
- The hard cider I make for winter parties will destroy you.
- If you get me drunk enough I can do one handed push ups switching hands. Immediately afterwards I'll hyperventilate switching lungs.
- Barbarella scared me as a child, so now I have an approximation of the movie poster for Barbarella 2 in my living room. Take that how you will.
- For a few years I did a thing where I wasn't sitting down, and I tried to be funny. I was occasionally successful.
- I don't like bragging, or selling myself much. Which is my reseme reads simply: "I'm allright, I guess. Would you like an Altoid?"
- Everyone likes Altoids.
- I have, categorically, the worst spelling of all former English Majors alive or ded.
I am odd, loquacious, and probably smirking
Plays: Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf, FM, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, Rhinoceros, True West, Pillowman
TV Shows: Currently - Jane the Virgin, Orphan Black, Black Mirror, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, iZombie (Mostly for the sweet VM flashbacks)
Hopping off the DVD Shelf with a quickness: Veronica Mars, Battlestar, Buffy, Spaced, and Titus.
Movies: It Follows, Let the Right One In, Brick, Aristocrats, Secretary, Waking Ned Divine, Good Night and Good Luck, Thank You for Smoking, Indy, V for Vendetta, and when I'm drunk, Reefer Madness the Musical.
Podcasts: Slate Political Gabfest, How Did This Get Made, Nightvale, Stuff You Should Know, Smartest Man in the World, Savage Lovecast, and Thrilling Adventure Hour. (Which I can't believe is ending, that hurts my soul.)
Music: Pentatonix, Lindsey Stirling, A.C. Newman, Muse, Go! Team, Le Tigre, Frightened Rabbit, Cloud Cult, Dirty Projectors, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.
- How that fifty year old Italian guy ended up wearing a My Chemical Romance t-shirt.
- Whatever quandary has come up on the latest podcast I listened to, like, why are so many people actively angry if someone has vocal fry?
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.