Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
- I'm a geek with a serious addiction to outdoor activities
- I sing in the car when I'm by myself
- Yeah, I have my shirt off in one of my pics, but it's my favorite
picture with a person I love, so deal with it
- I'm the kind of person that is horribly amused by answering the
random questions this site throws at you.
- My idea of a good time is running, playing soccer, biking,
hiking, playing trivia at a local bar, kayaking, climbing, (insert
your favorite outdoor activity here and chances are I'll want to do
it), having a beer at a bar where I can actually have a
conversation with someone, movie nights, going to a sporting event
(especially soccer), live music, game nights, etc...
- I love to travel/live abroad... I've lived in 6 countries in the
last 5 years (India, Taiwan, Austria, Australia, UK, Hong
- I'm in law school so I'm getting better at budgeting my time so I
can do all the things I just mentioned
- I'm loud, outgoing, and like to have passionate discussions about
all sorts of things (from politics to movies to sports to whether
or not women- or men- should wear spandex to law school
- I believe that trust is more important than anything. You break
my trust... good luck getting it back.
- yoghurt is amazing (I spent 26 years telling myself I hated
- I run at least 5 days a week
- I don't drink anything with caffeine
- I enjoy competition (I've already run in 8 races this year, and I
have another 3 planned, including one more half marathon, a 200
mile team race, and my first full marathon... I also usually play
at least a couple soccer games a week)
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
- Finishing law school (just started my final year)
- learning about the law of armed conflict, immigration law, and
international human rights law in general
- Training for my first marathon in November
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
- Getting people to share their thoughts with me
- Eating (it's amazing how much I consume in a day)
- Remembering movies and recognizing faces
- procrastinating, yet turning in quality work (definitely trying
to work on this)
- spending time outdoors
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
- I say what's on my mind
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
- Les Miserables (All-time favorite), Points Unknown, anything by
- Tears of the Sun, Constant Gardener, Definitely Maybe (I know, I
know), Friends with Benefits, Good Will Hunting, Blood Diamond, The
Fifth Element, the Mission Impossible Movies, Iron Man, the New
Batman Movies, Lucky Number Slevin (I'm completely in love with
Lucy Liu's character in this movie)
- Newsroom (new obsession), Friends, Jeopardy (I don't really watch
- Mostly anything except I dislike most country and heavy metal on
- Ethnic... doesn't matter from where... though Middle Eastern and
Asian are particularly good. I'll try mostly anything at least once
(squid on a stick anyone?)
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
- Family (friends included)
- Running shoes
- My Passport (Though it was recently stolen and I haven't replaced
- Nearby Trails for running, biking, and hiking
- water (to drink, to swim in, to kayak or otherwise boat on, to
watch cascade down cliffs)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
- How much easier learning Mandarin would be if the Matrix
- How OkC either attracts a very reading friendly crowd or a lot of
you are lying...
- How the hell does OkC come up with the friend %?
- Places I'd like to visit
- The Himalayas and the Andes (that's right, they get their own
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
- Doing work (though I try to have it all done by Friday at 5) so I
can have the whole weekend free for games, races, movie nights with
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I DVR Jeopardy... not just the new shows, but the reruns of shows
from years past that air at 1:30 AM
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
- Anything you've read intrigues you
- You like adventure and the idea of biking/hiking or doing
something else outside on a date appeals to you
- You enjoy conversations where you find yourself talking about
something without remembering how you got to the topic
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.