Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
Random facts about me...
- I was adopted when I was two months old. I am lucky to have been
chosen by two incredibly loving, caring, supportive parents.
- I've always loved frogs for some strange reason. It all started
with catching them up at my cottage when I was little. I was really
good at it. Not net, just my hands.
- My nieces and nephews call me Nini (pronounced nee-nee).
- I have raced 5km in 17:21.
- I am Native Canadian (Cree). My birthmother is a fullblood Cree,
but my birthfather was non-native, blond, and blue-eyed.
- I probably watch too much t.v.
- I am a big procrastinator but I always get things
- Whenever I buy lottery tickets I always think I'm going to win
the jackpot, and plan out how I'm going to share it with my family.
Sadly, it hasn't happened yet. If it did, I would quit my job and
travel around the world.
- I am extremely competitive. Doesn't matter what it is, I like to
win at it.
- I like finding people that I really "click" with, who bring out a
side of me that others don't get to see.
- My belly button used to be an "outtie" when I was younger, but
now it's an "innie"!
- I have hiked the Inca Trail and the West Coast Trail, and I have
climbed one of the 7 Summits, Mt. Kilimanjaro. Stunning!
- My favourite colour is purple! It makes me feel happy :)
- I'm pretty sure I don't want to have kids. I am quite happy to
get all the kid time I need with my nieces and nephews, then say
goodbye and go back to my quiet apartment.
- I like doing puzzles.
- I have five siblings. Jennifer, my amazing older sister that I
look up to and who influenced me in many ways including my musical
tastes (Bruuuuuuuuuuce!), and Laura, my funny younger sister who
can always make me laugh with her impersonations (especially Mike
Myers characters). Lucky me, I discovered 3 bonus siblings at age
26 when I met my birth family!
- I love eating chips. I will sometimes eat a whole big bag all by
myself in one sitting. Sour cream 'n onion, creamy dill, or ruffles
- I have been to 11 Bruce Springsteen concerts. Front row in the
pit at the last one in Hamilton!
- I love driving up to my cottage in the summer with the music
blasting, singing along, and chair dancing.
- I was part of a women's 100 x mile relay in 1999, and we hold the
world record for the fastest time. Seriously.
- I have regrets in my life that if I could, I would go back and do
things differently. Don't we all? One of my regrets is that I
missed out on my chance to see Terry Fox on his Marathon of Hope. I
was at my cottage, and chose to stay and play on the beach instead
of going into town to see Terry when he ran through Bala, Ontario.
But I was only 7, and didn't understand the significance of it.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
I'm a teacher who is very involved in school life (lots of coaching
and clubs). I stay fit by running, swimming, and cycling. Summers
off enable me to spend lots of time at the cottage (devouring books
on the beach, or competing in a triathlon) or heading off on a
travel adventure. I'm working my way through the continents, and
have Australia and Antarctica left to go.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
making people think I'm more organized than I really am, puzzles (I
have the patience to sit and work on one until it's done), getting
running injuries, throwing a baseball or a frisbee, remembering
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I've been told people notice my eyes and my calm manner. Depending
on the connection, they may notice that I can be more on the quiet
side. But with people that I connect with, and feel a high comfort
level with, I wouldn't seem shy or quiet at all.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
I love to read a wide variety of books and have many favourites.
Oprah's picks I find are quite worth the read. I love it when I
find one that I can't put down until I finish it or I just never
want it to end.
T.V. shows I currently watch when I have nothing better to do:
Parenthood, Chicago Fire, Criminal Minds, The Mindy Project, How I
Met Your Mother, Modern Family...
As for music, I am a huge Springsteen fan, and love going to
concerts with my sisters. Nothing tops a three-hour Springsteen
concert! (Of which I have been to quite a few...).
Food-wise, I love sushi and Thai, a good chicken shwarma, steak (I
could never be vegetarian!) and I try to eat healthy foods. I do
not enjoy cooking. If you cook a meal for me, I will happily do the
cleaning up :)
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
In no particular order: gum, music, my
parents/sisters/nieces/nephews, exercise, my health, feeling cozy.
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
All the things I'd do if I won millions of dollars in the
lottery...Australia and Antarctica, here I come!
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Relaxing after a long, busy week, or heading out to meet up for a
casual night with friends.
The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
I worry that I won't find that special someone to share my life
with. It's nice to have someone to snuggle up with!
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.