- I am NOT here "just to see what happens."
- I am NOT "just a guy"; I am not "just" anything. I am who I am and what I am; I will not diminish any of it with "just." And I am not a guy, or a dude, and most certainly not a boy. I am a man, sometimes a fella, sometimes a good man, occasionally a gentleman.
- While working hard and playing hard sounds all right, just *being* has a certain je ne sais quoi to it, don't you think?
- It's been years since anyone was so insulting as to call me "normal," and I will thank you to look deeper, if you think you glimpse "just a normal guy" anywhere in my words.
It seems a bit strange at my age, writing that I am still in the process of growing and becoming, but it's true. I suppose this is true for everyone, right? Anyway, when I get there, I will be able to write a full and accurate description of myself, but for now a rough sketch will have to do. In no particular order, then:
- Die-hard romantic: I am torn between being encouraged and irritated by the fact that I STILL, after everything, have this absurdly romantic perspective on the world. I don't ask for anyone's pity; just one of those things to hang from my rearview mirror to get the really good parking spots, please.
- Computer nerd/all-around Geek: Yep, I am one of those. No, I probably can't fix your computer, I am one of the other kinds of computer nerds. Which kind?
Q: How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: That's a hardware problem. Call I.T.
- Artistic/creative intellectual sort: I play bass in a band. I create artwork using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. I write on occasion. I love art galleries, concerts (see my taste in music), the ballet, the symphony, museums. I read constantly. Bookstores are some of my favorite places.
Crash Davis said it best:
"I believe in the soul... the cock... the pussy... the small of a woman's back... the hanging curve ball, high fiber, GOOD scotch... that the novels of Susan Sontag are self-indulgent, over-rated crap. I believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone! I believe there oughtta be a Constitutional Amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter; I believe in the sweet spot, softcore pornography, opening your presents Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve, and I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, WET kisses that last three days."