Now that you are divorced..what’s the chances that you will actually find someone that you like, and they will actually like you back..
Yup, that was the solid advice my brother had given me on dating after divorce..good times..right. Well, sadly he is very much correct. Turns out that is a tricky formula. Dating. Why was this so much easier when you were younger? You would think the older you get the easier this gets, but no..It’s harder much harder.
I keep thinking one day there is going to be a little surprise in my inbox..a normal guy. I know, everyone’s got there definition of normal. But normal to me. Doesn’t have shirtless pictures, doesn’t have a mustache, isn’t riding a motorcycle showing off his tattoos, Isn’t a pot head or cokehead or any other drug of choice.. doesn’t have five kids,( I love kids, but just a few..I mean how many can anyone take..lol), still living with his wife, and maybe gets excited about things other than the jets, or Giants, (not that i don't love a good game or even tailgating, but please have other interests) communicates and has emotions, all of them. oh..and doesn't have the I'm at the gym picture - look at my muscles..so lame!! anyhoo..
It’s a hard age to date. 40. It feels like everyone is married.
So I wait for my 35 to 48 year old perfect man to write me on line, or be next to me at the counter and we glance at each other and feel the magic..or hell I don’t’ care if he runs me off the road and we realize we are soul mates as we are filling out the police report…but come on 35 to 48s…get your divorces already and get back in the dating world already…I’m waiting….but please please please be normal, and funny, and warm and honest..and..
..I shouldn’t be writing today..I'm obviously I’m in a mood..maybe it makes for good music..but I am no musician. But if you are…I like that. Please know..I joke about a lot of this..so take with a grain of salt..but there is a lot of truth mixed in. I’m sure you can relate.
Yes..I am single..and it’s going to take someone $%!@$ amazing to change that. I am waiting for that someone *^%%$ amazing!!
Just add “I am looking for someone to or who..” to the beginning of each sentence below.
- sit around together in our pjs and watch tv on rainy days.
- text each other during the day just to make the day brighter.
- find new places to explore, new restaurants to try.
- take silly pics of us and pick up mementos from our travels that remind us of our fun memories.
- laugh so hard our stomachs hurt.
- have game nights with friends. And be the couple no one can beat – lol.
- sit around campfires and roast marshmallows and look up at the stars.
- to kiss in the rain.
- go to street fairs and festivals and vacations and road trips and hold hands and explore together.
- have inside jokes no one but us understands.
- fall asleep with you wake up with you and have coffee with you.
- makes the mundane more fun – who makes running to target fun, who can brighten my day with his smile.
- go to cooking classes together and learn new things together.
- enjoys little things, like the movies or bowling or riding our bikes – hole in the wall restaurants and making toasts with shots. - We are NOT fancy pants but can be once in a while..but like not being.
- I want someone who can get thru arguments without insults or walking away. And come out the other side stronger.
- Someone with the right amount of weird and goofy, or maybe I am the lucky enough to see this side of you. Who appreciates my sarcastic sense of humor.
- Who can communicate, is honest, and loyal. Has a romantic bone is his body and doesn’t believe this should stop when the honey moon phase does..
- and last but not least..to be best friends.
is that too much to ask for?? oh...and no pic your either ugly or shady.