1) As a New England native, I dig the Patriots, prefer Dunkin Donuts to Starbucks, and forget (every. single. March) that this city has no Spring.
2) Chicago’s been home for most of my adult life, although I’ve also lived in St. Louis, Ann Arbor, Los Angeles, and Minneapolis. Despite the insanity that was the Polar Vortex, I still can’t think of any place I’d rather be.
3) I’m opinionated and am attracted to similarly opinionated people. Cashiers should hand the change back FIRST – not lay it on top of the dollar bill. Texting is the worst thing that ever happened to dating, after cologne. Every restaurant should serve fortune cookies at the end of the meal. Whatever. It matters little to me that you have the same opinion as me – only that you have an opinion.
4) When I board a flight wearing a backpack and a hooded sweatshirt, people mistake me for someone hilariously younger than I am.
5) I’m little and may seem unassuming, but I have a strong sense of self – and I know what I’m looking for in a relationship. At the end of the day, it's often the simple things that seem hardest to find. Please be kind, self-aware, thoughtful, and honest. The rest is actually negotiable.