Find better matches with our advanced matching system
41 / M / Straight / Single
- Last Online
- Online now!
- 5′ 9″ (1.75m)
- Body Type
- Mostly vegetarian
- Judaism, and laughing about it
- Scorpio, but it doesn’t matter
- Graduated from university
- Entertainment / Media
- Rather not say
- Relationship Type
- Doesn’t have kids, but wants them
- Likes dogs and has cats
- English (Fluently), Chinese (Okay), French (Okay), Hebrew (Okay), Spanish (Poorly)
For me, changing my life direction at age 40 is not a risk; it is actually as if my life is just beginning -- like I am waking up from some sort of wacky, albeit very creative haze. I need to be with someone who understands AND IS OK WITH the fact that I am in flux right now. I am completely ok with it, so you should be too.
Throughout the last few years, during an extended "liminal phase" that I am still negotiating right now, I discovered a talent for learning and speaking other languages. I spend a lot of my free time taking classes in and studying these languages.
I have thick, curly brown hair, and after 6 and a half years of braces as a kid, I have nice, straight teeth.
I am fairly stocky. Though slightly chubby, I am beginning to become somewhat muscular from exercise.
I have been told that I can charm the pants off a person.
I am very passionate about vintage kung fu movies; I am a sucker for romantic comedies (mostly because my own love life is so utterly pathetic); and I have a soft spot in my heart for Disney / Pixar animated films as well as Harry Potter movies -- but only if they are in another language.
I haven't been to the theatre in a long time, which is kind of stupid, since one of the reasons I moved to New York 15 years ago was to audition for musical theatre. I LOVE Broadway musicals in an almost gay way. It will be obvious to anyone who knows me that this last comment was not in any way offensive.
When I stopped wanting a life in music, I stopped listening to music. I have sold most of my CD collection, but when I was that musician in my former life, I pretty much exclusively listened to 60s psychedelic rock and 70s classic rock, in particular ballad rock -- Elton John, Billy Joel, Queen. But Led Zeppelin started it all...
I have some really annoying food allergies to milk and eggs. Therefore, I eat like a vegan, but with meat every other day or so. Not surprisingly given my love of all things Chinese, my favorite type of cuisine is Cantonese food. Not the garbage passed off in most American "Chinese" restaurants, but real, authentic Cantonese food -- like you get in Chinatown at restaurants with barbequed dead things hanging in the windows, where only Chinese people eat because the white people are afraid to go in there.
Deeply green vegetables.
My faith in myself that I will lead an extraordinary life.
I will be honest and also go on record as saying that I think about sex a lot. My ideal mate will do the same.
Heads up, though -- you are much more likely to catch me at a funky coffee shop that plays weird outsider music than at at a loud, trendy bar. I am definitely NOT into loud bars or the club scene. I don't really drink much alcohol, but I certainly have nothing against people who drink. I am NOT a recovering alcoholic; I just very rarely drink because I don't enjoy it that much.
- Girls who like guys
- Ages 28–45
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating
* A woman who is not lonely and looking for me to fill an emptiness in her life, but rather someone who lives a very full, rich life with many interesting people around her, and who wants to find the right person to share that life with romantically.
* A woman with short fingernails (short fingernails painted in funky colors is even better) who is equally comfortable wearing jeans and a tshirt and getting her hands dirty as she is putting on a dress and heels and going out for a night on the town.
* A woman who prefers neighborhood boutiques and shops, flea markets and perhaps even thrift stores to 5th Avenue fashion stores or or shopping malls.
* A woman who does not really care about name brands or super-expensive fashion statements, who would rather use her money to increase the quality of her life (and perhaps that of the lives of others) -- NOT THE QUANTITY.
* A woman who would rather backpack or stay in youth hostels or cheap B&B's when traveling in a foreign country, spending the money on cultural experiences instead of luxury hotel accommodations or first class airfare.
* A woman who does not feel the need to prove to everyone around her at every single moment in time just how pretty or special she is.
* A woman who is not afraid to make a fool out of herself in public if the situation arises or is appropriate.
* A woman who has a nosering or who lives her life like she has one.
* A woman who laughs a lot every day.
* A woman who thinks I am the cat's meow. I am, after all -- wink, wink; nudge, nudge...
* A woman who wants to get married and raise children with me.
* Please don't think me weird if you are younger and I ask you out. I am looking to eventually get married and raise a family -- hopefully with more than 1 child. Ideally, I am looking for a woman who is 5-10 years younger, so that if we were to wind up getting married, we would be able to have children together without feeling pressured for time and without certain medical risks.
Connect your OkCupid Account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to you. If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.