* Anything De Niro, Quentin Tarantino, Katherine Hepburn, Chris
Rock, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Cate Blanchett, Steve Buscemi, Billy
Wilder, Sir Sean Connery lay their respective hands on.
* Music…music…where on earth do I begin?!? Well, here’s a start:
And also: The Clash, Tom Waits, Patti Smith, Solomon Burke, Dinah
Washington, Ike & Tina, Nico, Nina Simone, Pulp, Joy
Division/New Order, Cut Copy, The xx, Chromeo, Dolly Parton (the
gal never gets credit for her genius. She’s written almost all of
her own songs!) Steely Dan (hey, cool your jets—we all have guilty
pleasures, ok?) and pretty much any band out of Sweden or Iceland
these days. (Love is All, Radio Department, The Knife,
Also: The jukebox in back of the old bar on the corner--the one
with the busted neon sign in the window.
* Everything I need to know in life I learn from The New Yorker.
And Eugene O'Neill/Tennessee Williams/Edward Albee.
* Jon Stewart is my therapist.
* If I had to choose, I could live on Mexican food until the end of
days. Also: [real Brooklyn] bagels and lox.