Secondly, why does writing about myself seem more like I'm contriving my own obituary? At any rate, here are some random facts about me: (Goofy Quirks And All ;)
- I make up my own words to songs and then sing them about whoever I'm with.
- I believe it's the littlest things in life that make the biggest difference.
- I can go on 3 hours of sleep a night for weeks at a time.
- I think the sexiest thing a woman can put on is Confidence.
- I always sleep on the left side of the bed and with a fan on.
- I love holding hands, snuggling, delicate necklines, feminine muscularity and "just because" kisses.
- If you ever wanted to bribe me with a no questions asked scenario - peanut butter cookies with M&M's in them, a home cooked meal or Reece Cups would do the trick!
- I love having puddle fights and the sound of the rain on my skylights, but oddly enough, the sound of wind chimes and car blinkers drive me absolutely batty!
- I always salute the graves in a military cemetery when I drive by.
- Even though I lived in Japan for a short while, I pretty much suck at operating chop sticks. Basically for you, it would be like watching the handicapped. What can I say, I'm free entertainment.
- I enjoy putting puzzles together, bonfires on the beach, competitive backgammon and bonding over deep conversations.
- Nothing makes my day more than the sound of children laughing hysterically.
- I always look forward to watching the Olympics whenever they come around.
- Although I do own a few sweaters, I'm simply not a sweater guy, I just get hot too easily and don't like wearing them.
- As a whole, I think people are at their best, when they're at their worst.
- I have accepted the fact that I will never in a million years watch all the shows on my Tivo that I religiously schedule just to delete to schedule more shows that I'll delete.
- I love old vintage trucks, especially when they've never been refurbished and have chipped original paint, rust spots, dents, missing parts, blemished interiors, cracked windows etc. Just think of all the adventures they've had over the years and the stories they could tell.
- I give all my friends nicknames and I'll have them for your outfits too.
- At Christmas Midnight Mass I tear up when they sing Silent Night.
- I like long road trips especially while driving at night in the rain.
- I put syrup on my pizza.
- I love when women wear hats, scarfs, heels and put their hair up, but not necessarily all at the same time.
- I have a very vivid imagination and thus, bad dreams after watching Horror Films.
- Friends give me a hard time while riding in the car together because we don't listen to music - "We just enjoy each other's company."
- I like watching fire flies and fireworks.
- I love the smell of puppy breath.
- When I walk with people, I like for them to be on my right hand side, so they're kind of like my "Right Hand Man".
- I value personal notes, home made gifts, the generosity of time, best intensions and people's actions; by a factor of ten more so than any store bought present.
- I absolutely hate clothes shopping for me, but love clothes shopping for women; and I have to say, I have a great eye for ladies' fashion.
- Jumping rope and chopping firewood are relaxing to me.
- For 25 years when I played competitive sports, whenever I wore socks, I would always wear two pairs, regardless if they were dress or athletic.
- I think one of the sexiest things a couple can do is make dinner together.
- I love chocolate and red velvet cake - Yummy!
- I love treasure hunting at thrift stores, garage sales and swap meets.
- I don't get cold very often, but when I do I freeze.
- I think the most beautiful song is Ave' Maria when it's sung in Latin.
- Every time I cross something off my To Do List, two more things go on.
- I'm totally fascinated with the process women go through in getting themselves ready to go out, with all your lotions and potions and things, it's a complete turn on to watch.
Okey Dokey, now for some not so random things about me:
I’m originally from the Mid-West (Cincinnati, OH); I have 5 sisters, 2 brothers, 10 nieces 5 nephews, 4 great nieces and 2 terrific parents that have been happily married for over 50 years. I'm the son of an Accountant who could have gone Pro in either Football or Tennis, but instead started his own CPA Firm, built it up and merged his company with one of the top six Accounting Firms in the country, became a Partner and over turned a few Supreme Court decisions. My Mother was a Speed Skater who raised 8 kids while working as an Intensive Care Nurse for burn victims at Children's Hospital. I'd like to think that I got my Father's business sense, my Mother's compassion and both of their work ethics and athleticism. Coming from such a large family has kept me down to earth, well rounded and given me the ability to laugh at myself. Christmas is basically a zoo, but even over the miles we all remain a very close clan of perfectly imperfect misfits.
I'm very driven and have managed to accomplish a lot, but I've also learned that relationships and having a healthy balance in life are more important than any amount of money, success or status. I'm loyal to a fault, extremely responsible and have been told I'm very supportive and a great listener. What else, well... I don't smoke, do drugs, gamble, have a prison record, drive an old Nova with a pink door or really even drink for that matter. I have perfect credit, never been married, don't have any kids, but keeping my plants alive remains my ultimate quest. I’ve obtained 2 degrees from the University of Cincinnati, 2 licenses in Investment Banking, I'm a Top Producing Realtor and have even won a "Best Actor" award - basically I'm a frickin' genius... that is of course if you don't include all of my embarrassing moments.
I feel blessed to have a career that I love, which for the most part, allows me to make my own schedule and tends to keep me out of trouble. I love animals and wish I had a puppy, but to be fair to him I know I would need someone to help me take care of the little guy. There are times that I have to work late and on the weekends, so if nobody's around the poor thing would probably die of starvation or explode by the time I got home to take him out. As such, I've toyed with the idea of getting a horse as I could have people at the boarding stables help me on the days I get tied up. I've always envisioned having a half dozen horses someday and the land to go along with them. So bonus points for you if you already have a cool dog or horse I can help you spoil.
I would like to have a family someday, but don't take the responsibility of being a parent lightly; I believe it's the most important job you'll ever have; and as such, who you choose to do it with is the most important decision you'll ever make. (Quite frankly, I think I'd make a terrific Husband and would be an amazing Father, but then again, I might be a little biased.) I'm at a really good place in my life and know I have a lot to offer someone, but I'm by no means perfect, nor would I ever want to be. Being perfect insinuates that you're a completed project. As such, I consider myself a constant work in progress and more like a fine wine... I just keep getting better with time. But you or I being perfect really doesn't matter; what matters is if we feel we're perfect for each other. So let's face it, having a happy and healthy relationship takes work; but anything worth having is worth working for. There will certainly be times when things are great and wonderful; but then there will also be times when life throws us a curve ball. So while we're on that roller coaster ride called "Life", it would be great to have the confidence in your partner knowing that they are just as committed to your Marriage Vows as you are; and that no matter what happens, no matter what comes our way, we'll always find a way through it and figure it out together.
If there's something you're passionate about that we can do together or you can teach me, I'm always open to new experiences! Kudos to you if you can sarcastically spar with the best of them and beat me at Backgammon - that's right sister, I'm calling you out! Oh yeah, and if you have a green thumb; my plants will be eternally grateful! Am I asking for too much?
If you're looking for a relationship that is teeming with wild abandonment, insatiable passion and sizzling chemistry; then I may possibly fall short. All I can deliver are steamy encounters where the bedroom ends up looking like a crime scene, gourmet dinners, witty banter, inside jokes, vacations to less beaten paths and full body massages. However you interpret that, is entirely up to you.
So if you’re interested in getting to know me better and sharing some laughs; drop me a note, send up a flare, make smoke signals, flag me down, hit me up or messenger me by carrier pigeon. Until then, I’m off to grab a bite to eat as I'm so incredibly hungry right now I'm starting to see dead relatives. Have a great rest of the day and I'll look forward to talking with you soon!