I recently took up a new gig in SF but continue to live in Mountain View. I dislike my commute and often think of the perfect bay area home solution. I love the city and it's energy. On the flip side, I love the peninsula, it's greenery, space, peace and wonderful weather.
Bleed orange (my Austin, TX connection.. went to undergrad & grad school at UT-Austin; studied Computer Engineering at both levels in case you're curious)... hook 'em horns! (really hoping for a better season this year.. okay, scratch that, it's history now - NEXT year)
Love (in no particular order):
- outdoorsy activities: hiking, running, kayaking, camping
- cooking, red wine, making mixers for friends
- movies (prefer indoors over dinner/drinks with friends but just as happy to go out),
- travel: road trips (I did 7500 miles in 2008 summer.. 3750 from east coast to west coast in 2009 summer) and backpacking (I've traveled to all but 2 states..HI & ND in the US, most of Europe, some parts of S. America/Asia/Australasia... I dream of covering remaining parts of S. America/Asia/Africa next)
- philosophical debate, great conversations
I love spontaneity and am always ready for an adventure. I have 28 countries stamped on my passport and love to travel. In recent months though, I've been frequently looking for local adventures.
BTW, I'm an ENTP personality as per Myers-Briggs test (check it out; it's a pretty accurate description of me).