Be Grateful. Be Happy. Feel Better.
Friends only please!
There are three ways to turn someone on:
There is an order in all things. Start with the mind :-)
I was born and raised in Vancouver, BC, attending the University of British Columbia for my undergraduate degree. Wanting a change, I went to Toronto for grad school (specifically, the University of Toronto). I will be honest: Toronto did not left a favourable impression with me (conversation topic for first meeting?). There are many things about that city that don't sync with me, but this isn't the place to rant about that :-)
Vancouver is, and always be, my home. I attend graduate school in Toronto, and have interned in Seattle for a multinational company (guess?). I found it interesting how my longing for other cities defined a transitive relation between them.
In Vancouver, I don't really miss Seattle, and I don't miss Toronto.
In Seattle, I miss Vancouver, but not Toronto.
In Toronto, I miss both Seattle and Vancouver.
So, does that mean I think Vancouver > Seattle > Toronto?
(that would be the analyst in me...)
More about me? I can describe my core beliefs:
1. I think you should be yourself. You can only be someone else for so long. I mean, if you don't be yourself, you probably won't say what you mean. If you don't say what you mean, you can never mean what you say. When was the last time you said something you didn't mean?
Note: Do you see how complicated that got already?
2. I tend to be (too) direct, but at least I mean what I say. Sometimes that offends people, but I find that it prevents misunderstandings and facilitates communication.
3. Personality matters more than appearance. I'm far from perfect in appearance, but do admit that I strive to improve my appearance. What physical feature would you want to change most?
4. I'm a minimalist with respect to lifestyle. That being said, I'm not cheap. What is the most expensive "essential" item you own?
5. I'm driven. I know what I want in life, and I have a plan in place to achieve those goals. I guess that relates to why I'm in Seattle this summer. What was the last goal you set out and achieved?
6. I'm interested in health and fitness. I'm in the gym daily, and I go trail cycling regularly. Who here has heard of mapmyride.com?
7. I'm a bit of an introvert, and I find that conversation can be difficult at times. This is particularly difficult online. More subtle communication (our actions, how you hold yourself, tone and flow of speech) are aspects that I figure out really well. Which do you understand better: physical or verbal communication?
8. A good friend suggested a long time ago that I take the Myers-Briggs Personality Test. I'm INTJ. Which are you, and do you agree / disagree with it?
9. I believe that many actions in life can be forgiven, but not everything. Some people have wronged me before, but I forgive them. Others have crossed the line, and I can be quite cold with them. The line is thin with me. What is an action you can't forgive someone for?
10. I am an advocate for corporate social responsibility. I prefer co-ops over big business, credit unions to banks, etc. Some of these member-owned businesses give dividends at the end of the year, while others reward members with lower prices / rates. Which do you think is a better practice?
11. I enjoy photography, but prefer landscape photography to portraits. Are you into photography?
Questions are a good way to start a conversation. There were ten there :-)