New! Incognito Mode. Now you can hand-select who sees you on OkCupid. That means total control of your visibility.
Find better matches with our advanced
44 • Ann Arbor, MI • Man
I’m looking for
- Ages 29–44
- Near me
- Who are single
- For new friends, long-term dating
- Last online
- Today – 4:56am
- 6′ 0″ (1.83m)
- Body type
- Mostly anything
- Buddhism, and laughing about it
- Working on law school
- Strictly monogamous
- Has a kid
- Likes dogs
- English (Fluently), Spanish (Poorly)
To clarify the do you have a kid question in the box to the right. I have a son who is in college so there isn't a little one around the house or any enduring drama with his mother. I love being his dad and enjoy kids so having more kids is an open option for me at this point yet it is not an urgent desire. It is something that would need to be discussed if and when a relationship develops to a place where kids may be something either of us would like to bring into this world.
I have a university education in political science and communications. I will be beginning a joint Juris Doctorate and Masters program in higher education leadership. I have a passion for civil liberties/rights and education so this seems like the logical path. Is it possible to have too much education? I'm a pretty solid ENFP so this makes sense.
I enjoy mountain biking, hiking and being out in nature as well as walking through a downtown. I also enjoy politics, history, reading, movies, music, volunteering, and playing with dogs.
I work at being content and present in the moment. I believe it's true that happiness is an internal choice one makes. "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves." ~Buddha
One thing I’ve noticed on these sites is there are a lot of “I” statements. Certainly everyone goes into a relationship of any kind with hopes, dreams and desires. It’s true it is the structure of our language and bonds between people take effort and time to build so if you wrote in "I" statements it's perfectly fine. I would simply like to make it clear I am seeking a relationship that is mutual and shared. "Only a life lived for others is worth living." ~Albert Einstein
In a relationship these are some values, qualities and interest I would like to share in common with a good woman. This by no means is an absolute list of value, qualities and interests we must share. Life doesn't work that way. Each person is their own person with their own interests so these things and more can be done both individually and together. What is important is an overall common direction and tone.
- We have a passion for each other and life
- We choose quality over quantity
- We are both intelligent and enjoy intellectual challenge
- We believe in timeless values such as humility, service, honesty, fairness, kindness, curiosity, and perseverance
- We know there are boundaries in arguments and we respect ourselves and the other person not to cross them
- We enjoy each others company and have fun and laugh even in challenging moments, even at ourselves.
- We appreciate what we have
- We love dogs (or are at least able to peacefully coexist.)
- We enjoy volunteering and giving back
- We respect each other and others
- We seek justice
- We enjoy being outdoors and doing activities like mountain biking, hiking and camping
- We engage in healthy behaviors for mind, body and spirit and continually want to improve ourselves and grow mentally, physically, socially/emotionally
- We enjoy educating ourselves and others and being informed about our world
- We practice meditation and mindfulness
- We have intelligent and silly conversations
- We pack up and travel, seeing and experiencing new places.
- We love and enjoy our family and friends
- We can be lazy on a Sunday morning
- We enjoy documentaries, movies, music, concerts, reading and writing (especially lists on websites, just kidding)
- We watch or attend Michigan football (It is the only sport I watch so you won't find me spending weekends watching sports.)
“Happiness is the result of letting go. Letting go does not mean giving up. Instead it is freeing yourself from unhealthy attachments and opening yourself up to live life fully and joyfully here and now.” ~1000 Little Things Happy, Successful People Do Differently
Working in university government relations. I enjoy what I do because it keeps me young at heart and challenged intellectually. I have to be able to relate with an idealistic 18 year old and an established 80 year old and everyone in between. It truly is interesting, challenging and fun work.
Spending time with friends and family. Wanting to adopt a dog (Chessie or Lab).
Working on beginning a J.D./Higher Education Leadership program this year.
Movies: Star Wars: Episodes III-VI (I am completely ready to see Episode VII now because it looks like J.J. Abrams is making the movie Star Wars fans want to see), Good Will Hunting, Marley and Me, Top Gun, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Godfather I & II, When Harry Met Sally, The Last Samurai, Office Space, and Raiders of the Lost Ark...to name a few. So I finally decided to get Netflix thanks to House of Cards and now I'm watching all movies I have been meaning to watch but never did see.
TV Shows: The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The Big Bang Theory, The Newsroom, Community, Sunday morning news programs, The West Wing, Family Ties, 90210 (the original), House of Cards and Hawaii 50 (the new version)
Music: Classic Rock, New Rock, Jazz Standards, some Country, Classical, Blues, and some Regional
Food: Mexican/Tex-Mex, Italian, Arabic, classic American, Californian, Japanese, and Seafood.
Healthy mind, body and spirit
Warm blankets on a cold winter's night
Report this photo
How does this violate our Photo Rules?
You must be in the photo! Full nudity, extreme close ups, pets, cars, baby photos, artwork, images you’ve added yourself to, etc. are not allowed.
Thanks! We'll look into the issue soon.
Flagging inappropriate content keeps OkCupid awesome. You're now eligible to be a flag moderator!
Connect your existing OkCupid account
Restore your account to continue meeting new people.
Reset your password
We’ll email you a link to reset it.
An email is on its way to . If you don’t see it, try checking your Spam folder.