I value: Creative, unorthodox thinkers. Empathy. Touch. Emotional nuance. Artistry. Feminism. Self-reflection. #BlackLivesMatter
Poets: • Mary Oliver • Gioconda Belli • Hafiz • June Jordan • Mario Benedetti • Pablo Neruda • Rainer Maria Rilke
Music on my current heavy rotation list: • Zoé • Morcheeba • Jorge Drexler • Thievery Corporation • Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong • Ana Tijoux • Bebe • Stacey Kent • Juan Luis Guerra • Supervielle • Bebel Gilberto
Movies / TV: • Nueve Reinas • Usual Suspects • Y Tu Mamá También • Children of Men • Baraka • El Hijo de la Novia • Pan's Labyrinth • Run Lola Run
Food I'd bring on a hike with you:
Olives (anchovy flavored)
A splash of olive oil
Almonds covered in Dark Chocolate
• awe ...
• building community, connection & relationships thru food, cooking, eating...
• inspiring comrades - folks creating alternatives to this crazy conflictual societal construct called capitalism...
• the two divine & deliciously delightful human beings who chose to be my kids...
• the knowledge that we can always be better than the worse thing we do...
• making food
• making out
• making right by the earth's beauty...responding to her true rhyme & reason...and course-correcting the contradictory, self-destructive societal habits we've unleashed upon her.
What we share can be short & sweet...or it can be long-term & intense. Simply as long as it isn't shallow.
Worth noting: Open relationship is the current context of my dating life & I have comfortable, long-standing practice with that terrain. That said, I'm not ideologically attached to this form: closing my relationship for the right person, should they request it, is not out of the question.