I'm what is (sadly) now known as an "Elder Goth"... I remember the antediluvian days before Hot Topic.
I'm a prescriptive existentialist.
I've been in the kink lifestyle for a little over 20 years.
I have a poly-heart that can love many at once, but prefer to focus the majority of my connections on a single individual.
Everyone evolves over time, but with a high degree of certainty I believe there are a few constants in my make-up that probably won't be going anywhere soon. I am (in no particular order) a Geek, an Evil Romantic, an Educator, a Comedian, an Artist, a Writer, and a Designer. You certainly won't see all of these at the same time, but know me long enough and you'll get the world-tour.
I am a spiritual Atheist and a scientific Mystic (if that's not confusing at all!). I believe in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get Universe, but over a decade of Physics courses (and over another decade of teaching said courses) have taught me that we have no idea *why* that is what we see, or why that is what we get. That gives my brain a lot of lee-way for a fairly expansive worldview.
I am heavily involved in the regional and international Master/slave (M/s) scene, have been invited to judge for several competitions (both regional and international), and give presentations a few times a year for the Leather and M/s communities around the U.S.
I was awarded the title of "Great Lakes Master 2005" in, well, 2005 (duh).
I am the appointed Great Lakes liaison to South Plains Leatherfest (home of the M/s International competition), and am a Senior MAsT (Masters And slaves Together) Regional Representative emeritus.
I am both incredibly adaptable (and humble, apparently! ;-)), but stable (sometimes to the point of annoyance (been told by several people that I work on ~glacial~ time-scales). If you want something, it will come... but it will take time. When it comes down the pike, however, it will be *real* and 100% authentic. You have been warned.
I am still very good friends with 90% of my previous relationships, and am on very friendly terms with the other 10%. Hopefully that speaks volumes.
I am (to throw some negatives into the mix) very self-critical, and sometimes this spills out onto people around me. I hold those around me to the same criteria for which I hold myself. Is this fair? Probably not. I'm working on that. lol
I'm just wonderful, didn't say I was perfect. ;-)
I use emoticons far too often (;-)).
I repeat words for emphasis far FAR too often.
I despise netspeak ("R U OK?"), but I still use shortcuts like "lol". I haven't figured out why.
I type like I talk (strangely, I don't write like I talk), and therefor I use ellipses entirely incorrectly...
I would admit that I have an incredibly stubborn not-happy-with 10 pounds for which I've been working over a year to finally shed. Otherwise I'm fairly proud of my exercise routine and activity level. Years ago my activity level was far higher, but that same activity level had also banged me up a little (;-)), so I do what I can. Simple calisthenics, lots of walking/hiking, and a few hours in the gym each week does seem to get the job done - it just takes longer than I'd otherwise like.
I also have been, apparently, answering the wrong questions on OKC, because everyone I see keeps coming up as "more kinky" than I am. ::blink::
LOL. Something is ~not~ right.
Past that long list of "I" statements, by design or choice I am ever-evolving. Ask within for details.