- I stay very active – lately, it has been a lot of CrossFit, volleyball, squash, and Prancerisizing (okay, maybe not the last one).
- Love to travel and try to go on a big trip every year; few things compare to that feeling you get when you walk out of an airport in a new country and take that first breath of fresh air. I've done enough globe-trotting to know there's so much more to see (and that I'm a legitimate candidate for the Amazing Race).
- I fully embrace my 'inner geek'; love to learn and enjoy reading everything from journals (not yours, scientific ones), museum placards, and beautiful prose. Bonus points if you have a bit of a nerdy side or at least a few geeky traits you've embraced.
- My sense of humour gravitates to the witty, sometimes sarcastic, and occasionally politically incorrect; I realize it's not for anyone, so if you're easily offended or don't appreciate witty banter (read: fun hater), then I'm probably not the guy for you.
- Personality-wise my strongest trait is my optimism - I almost always smiling and I look for the best in those around me.
Without maintaining a checklist or trying to paint by numbers, my "type" is active, emotionally healthy, travel-savvy, and generally curious about the world around her... in other words, an outgoing smartass with a good heart who can keep me on my toes. Winters aside (FYI - I'm kind of a wuss in cold temperatures, and may require piggy-backs when it gets -30), I think Ottawa has a lot to offer and it's important that a potential partner/cranium team-mate feel the same way. Your city should be your playground, whether it’s hiking in Gatineau, picking opposite sides of a protest downtown, rock climbing, or chasing each other around the house with nerf guns or foam pirate swords. More than anything, I'm attracted to strength of character - so, if you’re the type of woman that has carried a dog in your purse, you should probably stop reading right here. What else? Flossing is important. Laughter is essential. And, a bit quirky mixed with the confidence to pull it off can be unbelievably attractive.