I am a happily married guy in a fully committed non-monogamous relationship. I am stating this up front so there is no confusion about who I am or what is going on. If you are interested in verifying this with her, contact information can be provided.
Now that that is out of the way:
I am full of contradictions:
- I spend time doing rather nerdy things but love sports/being active.
- I love the quality of things of the past but greatly enjoy modern technology and conveniences.
- I can be rather reserved around some groups of people and boisterous around the next.
- I am a horrible speller yet find obvious misspellings irksome.
Trying to figure out fun and interesting things one can do with a single piece of rope and a willing subject.
Trying to figure out what six times seven is and how I always thought there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe. I wonder how many more roads I need to travel.
Learning, playing, working on, and teaching both board games and miniature games. Why yes I do attend Gen Con for my wedding anniversary with my wife every year.
For the big and small screen I tend to go with things with good stories and great characters. I don't mind if things are formulaic, what matters is how it is presented and who is presenting it to me. I will also go for things where it's just freaking fun. Life is serious enough as is, don't need everything I do for entertainment to be that serious as well.
Burn Notice, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Pete and Pete, Cowboy Bebop, Criminal Minds, Psych, White Collar, Monty Python
The Matrix, Snatch, Machete, Midnight Meat Train, Saw, Pool Hall Junkies, Pulp Fiction, Lord of the Rings, Hero, Reservoir Dogs
When it comes to music I can listen to just about anything depending on my mood. Some times classical hits the spot, others in your face punk, others laid back ska. Although if I had to pick just one genre to listen to for the rest of my life I would have to go with ska. Something about having music with a good rhythm and drive just makes it feel right.
The Malcontents, The Slackers, Mustard Plug, The Moon Invaders, Fatter Than Albert, Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Circle City Deacons, Adele, Green Room Rockers, The Pinstripes, The Specials, Bob Marley, The Doors, Tom Petty, James Taylor, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Blues Brothers, Cab Calloway, Ray Charles, Jimi Hendrix, Charles Mingus, The Black Keys.
Over the past couple of years I have been working at expanding my tastes and my cooking skills. While sticking to my old standbys was good for a while, the thought of eating the same 10 or so meals over and over again just didn't sit well. I have been trying out new things, experimenting, laughing when things go horrible or very surprised when things turn out great.
As for specific things I like or cuisines that I enjoy: steak, shrimp, diced bell peppers and red onion, Mexican, seafood, raw spinach.
- Music to sooth my soul
- Rope for a wide variety of things ;)
- Good beer because a life without beer is just not worth living
- Shave brush/soap to make sure I am not confused with my evil twin
- The powers of the internet.
- Music. Always trying to go to a show when I can get the time off from work.
- Why did no one explain that calculus was going to be this freaking hard.