Anyway, so here's my self-summary: I'm extremely honest, I think I'm smart (but who doesn't), with an odd but strong sense of humor...I'm more of the type B laid back personality although I'm trying to become more of a type A (not easy), I'm always up for something new and honestly I don't even feel very alive unless life feels unpredictable, I can also be extremely spontaneous and adventurous. I once decided I needed to get away. I came home, packed for 15 minutes, pulled up LA on Yahoo Maps and promptly drove across the country in December and stayed in various hostels in the LA area for about 10 days. It was the best thing I've ever done in my life. It definitely turned me onto hostels because you can meet a lot of fellow travelers from around the world. Hostels are great...except that one in the movie Hostel...that one, not so great.
This may be too much information, but it's still too hot for sleep so here we go. My parents were very conservative Christians and had me very late in life so I have a significant amount of old school character, but it's mixed with a love of things that are very modern...I'm kind of a hybrid of old and new. I value old school ways and values, but have always loved industrial music and various other things that are a little edgy. I feel like a bit of an oddity.
Oh yeah...music...I hate rap, hip hop and a lot of pop so if you're the type of girl that likes those things, gets dressed up in a tacky leopard print something or other and goes out to one of those meat market types of clubs exclaming loudly, "I just want to dance"...then we probably won't get along. Just saying. I like things that have some depth. Some of my favorite bands are VNV Nation, Death Cab, The Cure and Tori Amos. I have a variety of music styles that I like but center around Industrial, Gothic, electronic, Indie, punk and good alternative.
As far as TV, I tend to like quirky comedies like Scrubs and Flight of the Conchords, but am also a huge fan of good SciFi (ie Lost and Battlestar) and I have a weakness for reality TV...The Apprentice is one of my favorites. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are a couple of the others I like.
Hmmm...what else? I am 40, but very young of heart. I don't have any kids and although this might offend 80% of the people reading this, I don't want anyone else's kids. Don't look at me like that, I told you I'm extremely honest! I know that all the people with kids are like, wow, what an ass. But I'm really not, I'm just a romantic. I do want kids eventually and want to get married eventually, but I want to experience it with someone that's going through it for the first time with me. Now, I know what some of you will think..."Jeez dude, you're 40 stop being so picky." Yeah, I've heard that before. Here's the thing...I can't imagine anything much more depressing in life, than settling.
What else? I like thinking about anything and everything. I'm an only child and while there are pluses and minuses to that, I suppose a plus of being more lonely than many kids, was that I probably spent more time in my mind than most and I wouldn't be surprised if comparatively, it's still true. I've never been a big fan of shrinks because I feel that with most questions, when it comes to yourself, you already have the answers inside. I'm a fan of self analysis for entertainment sometimes. For example, I was just thinking that I wrote a couple provocative things above and asked myself why, as it really doesn't help. I thought about it and...I think I'm lashing out a bit due to frustration that I have to reduce myself to an online profile, coupled with a lack of hope of finding the love of my life in this manner and I quite resent the fact that I have to sell myself to others. Yea thinking. Moving along.
Ok, so I'm going to try to write out what I'm looking for. Feel free to look at this list, but this is actually more for me. This way when a friend once again asks me what I'm looking for I can just cut and paste. so Here it is:
1. "Enough" attraction to someone. You have to be attracted to someone for love I think, at least when you meet them. The definition of "enough" varies from person to person. I think if you're attracted to someone and fall in love with them you'll always see them how you first saw them, to a degree.
2. Someone attracted "enough" to me.
3. Intelligence. Smart is sexy, a cliche, but true nonetheless.
4. Personality/Humor. This is the most sexy aspect of a woman to me, especially if they're intelligent too. The looks always go, personality is what you'll have left so you need to pick someone with a great one.
5. Honesty. An old ex repeated the cliche that without trust there is no love...to which I added...without honesty there is no trust. Yeah, how do you think that relationship went?
6. 4/4 on the four point travel partner quiz:
A. Adventure: Will you go on every ride at Six Flags?
B. Social: Can you enjoy varied nightlife and socialize?
C. Art/History/Culture: Are you interested in all of the above?
D. Food: Will you try just about anything? Vegans lose 1/2pt. Oh, I draw the line at bugs so if you won't eat bugs that's ok. Maybe I lose points on your travel companion scale, but I can live with that. If I ate some of the things they ate on MTV or Fear Factor I'd throw up like that girl in the Exorcist.
7. Music. Having compatible music tastes is awesome. It's nice if you find someone that has such a similar taste in music that you both can turn each other on to new music you love and share a soundtrack for life. See compatible music above.
8. Stable in relationships. Some people are just drama queens and need to fight and normal relationships just don't have the MTV level of drama that they thrive on.
9. Not a whore. It's like physics...an object in motion tends to stay in motion and a girl that has too much sex with multiple people, tends to keep having too much sex with multiple people.
10. Creativity. I'm very attracted to creative personalities. Being with someone creative makes me more likely to express that side of myself which normally is an aspect to my personality that doesn't surface all that often.
11. Sarcasm. I guess there's a point where someone can be too sarcastic, but I generally like it because I'm pretty sarcastic myself. Sarcastic people are usually pretty witty and it makes me wake up a little inside when someone has a strong personality.
12. To be continued.
Anyway so that's kinda a little about me. Like I said, I would like to get married and have kids, but in the meantime want to live life and am up for having fun and doing new things. If you feel like we have some things in common feel free to contact me, maybe we could do something, or even double date with my friend and his "Internet friend of the week"...it might be fun! I'm very low pressure so...whatever...and if you have a crappy time at least you'll have a nice story for work on Monday. :)