2) Why am I 40 and single/never married? Easy, made a conscious decision to work on my career advancement, two departments/divisions cleaned up and in working order, coupled with a 5 year relationship in my early 20's and.....poof! You are 40 and single.
3) No, really why are you 40 and single?!? Well, amongst #2 above, I'm loyal to a fault and have probably spent more time than I should have in relationships I should have moved on from. Lesson learned.
4) Yes, I am shorter than the average guy. Smarter too. Neither make much of a difference in my character, how Ill potentially treat you, or my ability to be a good man. Point is I am comfortable in my own skin. You should be too.
5) I am a born and raised New Yorker, Brooklyn to be more precise. The quick whit, sarcastic sense of humor, and New York "charm" are included in the package.
6) I am fiercely loyal to my family, friends, and to my own values. I don't waiver on any of them.
7) I am diverse in my interests and can hold my own in almost any environment. From a slightly creepy dive bar, to a black tie event, I have the ability to fit in and communicate with the people around me.
8) Drive should not be mistaken for arrogance, nor should niceness be mistaken for weakness.
9) Words are just text on a page, sounds in the air, and have very little meaning without action. My actions match my words. My expectation is to have the same in return.
10) I firmly believe if someone took the time to write you an email you should take the time to respond. Even if it is only to say "get lost" "not my type" or "I'm busy the night you want to go out, yes all of them"
11) I am not on here to "hook up", play games or be disingenuous in any manner. I am looking for my best friend. Being single has allowed me to view all of my friends and their marriages, what works, and what does not. The ones who are best friends weather the storm. The ones who "settled" do not.
12) I have had the good fortune, and tenacity, to be successful. I am established and know exactly what I want out of life and where I want to be at this stage.
13) Romantic would not be the first adjective that someone would use to describe me. However, thoughtful would be. I try to make sure that I let the people I care about know they are important to me, and that I value our relationship.