I grew up in San Francisco and have lived an interesting life.
The details of such, however, aren't important right now. Let's suffice to say that I've met a lot of people, gone many places, seen and done ridiculous things. I've seen and done more than most, as many seem to relish telling me.
As my life has progressed, I've spent some time roaming Europe and I've spent some other extended moments checkin' out South America and the Caribbean [ask me abt being accused of narco trafficking in Trinidad. .. On second thought--don't.]
I graduated with a peace and psych double major. I studied human rights, humanitarian crises, international conflict, conflict resolution, nonprofits, local activism, etc. I wanted to work in
N.E. Uganda with child soldiers being repatriated back into society but I'm unsure of my current path. I am at a cross-roads and, honestly, I could probably go anywhere, do anything, with any one. Yes, two words. Any one.
I've worked against sex trafficking, domestic violence, and the imprisonment of Mumia Abu Jamal. I have a history of passionately advocating on behalf of VAWA legislation and working toward the advancement of underprivileged peoples/disenfranchised communities.
When I'm not engaging in educational and intellectual pursuits (although I see every day as an intellectual pursuit), I enjoy activities such as reading and taking walks in the woods. I like finding waterfalls and playing in the water beneath them.
I love to cook.. and I'm good at it! I've learned to make bomb indian food, trini food, jamaican, italian, and middle-eastern [e.g. egyptian, moroccan, palestinian, etc.] I've recently begun erroneously roasting vegetables, which is surprisingly fantastic.
Most of the people with whom I've spent my young-adult, formative years aren't American. That wasn't an intended pattern.. I just seemed to meet people through people I already knew and that kept the diversity flowing.
As I am currently editing my profile [february 2013; i wrote the original-original version yeeears ago], I figure there are some points that should be made in order to a] keep you from wasting your time from reading on if you don't like my jive and b] keep you reading if these statements resonate.
* I am not interested in casual sex. Seriously. It's all 'been there, done that' at this point. I am looking for someone with the same level of experience, same sense of wild adventure, and the same interest in NOT being the Town Whore. I know that's a title some carry proudly and, for others, the whole whole, 'oh my gosh, my body is a pleasure-factory!' is crazy-new but I'm past that. I don't even like addressing sex in my profile but since my screen name is mindsex, it seems that this is something to get out of the way.
* I have lived a profoundly rich life. I don't mean 'rich' in the 'cash-money' sense of the term. Instead, I mean I have lived some very rough lifetimes. Don't message and ask for a summary; I'm not interested in providing one off the cuff. I AM interested in two separate [or conjoined] life factors, however.
- you've walked through ghettos unscathed--or wounded and have risen above. you've smelled blood. you've had to hold your own or run the risk of dire consequence. you recognize eyes that have dulled from war--whether civil or otherwise.
- you're profoundly intelligent and capable of discussing feminist marxist theory, quantum concepts, astrophysics, sociopolitical factors which do or do not lead to revolutionary nature.
If you have other remarkable qualities, by all means present yourself. If you are one of the same, one of many, listless and mimicking what you see on a flashing screen.. we aren't going to be compatible.
* I am looking for something dynamic. I am looking for someone to accompany me on this magnificent journey of madness and passion and introspection and inclusion. I want to be a part of a duality--something stronger than I alone.