Write a little about yourself. Just a paragraph will do.
● I'm a bit of a strange bird. I used to be a flamingo, but lately
I've been feeling more like a toucan.
● I work in the data mines by day, but my real passion is
● I love to travel.
● On the Meyers-Briggs scale I'm an STFU.
● I love SCIENCE.
What I’m doing with my life
Don’t overthink this one; tell us what you’re doing day-to-day.
● Writing a novel that's vaguely based on some Jungian shit and
some Joseph Campbell shit with a lot of other weird shit thrown in.
(Or something like that.)
● Making weird-ass but surprisingly soothing sonic experiments with
my band, The Anti-Muzak Serum.
● Working on my thesis in Computational Linguistics.
● Working as a canary in the data mines.
● Reading too much..
● Napping, brunching, playing pinball, drinking beer, and taking
random walks around the city and various combinations thereof.
I’m really good at
Go on, brag a little (or a lot). We won’t judge.
● Games (especially Words with Friends)
● Paying attention
● Figuring stuff out
● Noticing the little details
● Making up stories
The first things people usually notice about me
I’m an empty essay… fill me out!
That I'm not like the other boys and girls.
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Help your potential matches find common interests.
● Fiction: Eco, Murakami, Rushdie, Pynchon, Vonnegut, Borges,
● Non-fiction: Steven Pinker, Chuck Klosterman, Bruce Chatwin, Legs
McNeil, Stewart Brand.
● Music: Tom Waits, Wu-tang Clan, Negativland.
● Movies: The Forbidden Zone, True Stories, Pan's Labyrinth.
● Television: Aquateen.
The six things I could never do without
Think outside the box. Sometimes the little things can say a lot.
● My splendid, intricate dreams
● The tiny little details of everything.
● Productive chaos
● People who are as amazing as me (I'm fortunate to have many
incredible people in my life.)
I spend a lot of time thinking about
Global warming, lunch, or your next vacation… it’s all fair game.
● Funny things
● Magical things
● The evolution of everything (history, culture, starfish)
● How the mind is configured
At times I also ponder random useless things, such as:
● How Chuck Pahlaniuk is the Marilyn Manson of literature.
● How Charles Bukowski is the original blogger.
● How the term "nerd" devolved from meaning someone who was into
books and science and learning to meaning someone who has the
tastes and interests of a 13-year old boy.
● How it came to pass that the epitome of hip is to dress like and
have the same interests as your parents (or grandparents!) did when
they were your age.
● What exactly it is that people see in David Foster Wallace.
● Why so many people have car selfies but so few have bicycle
selfies or public transportation selfies.
On a typical Friday night I am
Netflix and takeout, or getting your party on — how do you let loose?
Looking for the heart of Saturday night under my couch cushions.
You should message me if
Offer a few tips to help matches win you over.
You're at least one and two-thirds of the following:
You're exactly zero of the following:
● Someone who cancels dates the day of. (Sorry, but it happens way
too often on this site.)
● Someone who already has a primary partner.
● Someone who takes Ayn Rand seriously.
Who are you looking for?
This helps us know who to show you on OkCupid.