Last year I was at the self-checkout lane at Kroger. I was careless and accidentally forgot to pay for some frozen chicken I bought. It wasn't until I was in my truck that I realized my mistake. Why the store alarm didn't go off I'll never know. I could have put the keys in the ignition and left. I could have just decided to let honesty wait another day.....Instead, I walked back into the store and paid for it. The employees were stunned.
But that's just how I approach life. I think good things come from being honest. I think honesty pays off in relationships as well. Are you angry about an ex-boyfriend who lied to you about something? I'd like to believe you won't have that problem with me.
Oh yeah.....and if I say I'm going to do something, such as promise to call you later that evening, I will. I always honor my commitments and promises.
A little background — I'm an investigative reporter for an online news agency. My work has been recognized in various national publications including FOX News. Rush Limbaugh read one of my articles on his radio show last year. The state legislature passed a new law in response to an investigation I did. I also appear on television and radio from time to time.
I've lived in Nashville since 2010. It's been a few years since I was last in an official relationship. My dating experiences since then have been, shall we say, rather unique? There was the woman I'd been dating less than a month who called me in the middle of the night from jail. Then there was the woman who confessed to me on Date#5 that she doesn't believe in monogamous marriages. Then there have been a few women who bragged to me on Date#3 that they cheated on several past boyfriends (no remorse shown whatsoever).
I really hate to say anything negative in this profile of mine, but I say it only to underscore the fact that emotional maturity really counts. Otherwise, I don't know if a relationship can work.
I stayed away from dating web sites for a while, but I look forward to dating again. I look forward to hopefully being in a relationship again, if the circumstances and the chemistry are right.
A few other things about me:
• I look exactly like my photo, and all but one or two of those photos were taken within the past year or two.
• I learn from my mistakes, and I strive never to repeat them.
• I grew up in north Louisiana...only about 20 miles away from where Duck Dynasty is filmed.
• I won't rule out dating someone who is my polar opposite personality wise. Sometimes such a pairing can help balance two people out. Remember in Rocky when he told Adrian they would make a great couple, despite their personality differences, because they fill gaps for each other? I like that philosophy.
• I'm not super hard-core religious, but I do pray and I do attend church services a couple of times a month because I honestly think it's a good, healthy thing to do. I wouldn't necessarily expect you to attend with me, but I must say that if you're agnostic or atheist then this certainly isn't a match.
• I watch a lot of FOX News and listen to a lot of conservative talk radio, so you can probably infer what my political beliefs are, knock on wood.
• I've never been married and I have no children — but one day I'd like to say that both are true :)
• I also want to add that hard work has gotten me far in life. I did without a lot growing up. I don't care what your background is — as long as the chemistry is there, there's no reason for anybody to put on airs :)