I'm an investigative reporter for an online news agency. I don't mean to brag, but I received the sole credit for an investigation that reached the governor's desk and resulted in him signing new legislation into law. I routinely ask hard questions of people in power, but I enjoy every minute of it. I paid a lot of dues to get where I am, and the virtues of hard work will never be lost on me.
I'm honest. I'm so honest that a few months ago I accidentally left the self-checkout lane at Kroger without paying for one particular item. Somehow, someway, I was able to leave the store without paying. I was in the parking lot before I realized my mistake. I went back inside and paid for that item. The Kroger employees were astounded by my honesty. That's just how I was raised. I don't know how to be anything else...and I don't think I'd make a very good liar, anyway, lol.
I'm in search of someone who was at least raised with the same values I was — honesty, integrity, having a reasonable dose of class in how you conduct yourself. Or, if you weren't raised with those values then I hope you have at least come to appreciate them through life experience.
That having been said, I'm not perfect. I do have flaws, but I am looking for someone who is emotionally mature and shows decent judgment...in short, someone who is ready to be an adult.
I don't want to listen to any more dates talk about cheating on past boyfriends as if that sort of thing is normal or funny. I don't want to listen to any more women I date brag about getting high or having sex in places so dangerous that they risked arrest or losing their jobs. And I certainly don't want to take any more phone calls from a woman I'm dating begging me to come bail her out of jail in the middle of the night on a shoplifting charge...YES, these are all based on real-life experiences. I shouldn't have to say these things, but...gosh...I suppose I need to.
I'm not here for a hookup — I'm here for a relationship. I enjoy giving and receiving physical affection. I enjoy sex — but if we become a couple I promise to respect whatever your beliefs or timetables are, without pressure.
A few other things about me:
• I look exactly like my photo, and all but one of those photos were taken within the past year or two.
• I learn from my mistakes and I strive never to repeat them.
• I grew up in north Louisiana...only about 20 miles away from where Duck Dynasty is filmed. I've lived in Nashville for three years now.
• I won't rule out dating someone who is my polar opposite personality wise. Sometimes such a pairing can help balance two people out. Remember in Rocky when he told Adrian they would make a great couple, despite their personality differences, because they fill gaps for each other? I like that philosophy.
If you're agnostic or an atheist then I respectfully suggest that we aren't a match and you should move on. I watch a lot of FOX News and listen to a lot of conservative talk radio, so you can probably infer what my political beliefs are, knock on wood. So, if you're a card-carrying progressive then that's probably a deal breaker too.
• I've never been married and I have no children — but one day I'd like to say that both are true :)